The spatial autocorrelation problem in spatial interaction modelling: a comparison of two common solutions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Daniel A. Griffith & Manfred M. Fischer & James LeSage, 2017. "The spatial autocorrelation problem in spatial interaction modelling: a comparison of two common solutions," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 75-86, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chib, Siddhartha & Greenberg, Edward & Winkelmann, Rainer, 1998.
"Posterior simulation and Bayes factors in panel count data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 33-54, June.
- Siddhartha Chib & Edward Greenberg & Rainer Winkelmann, 1996. "Posterior Simulation and Bayes Factors in Panel Count Data Models," Econometrics 9608003, EconWPA, revised 25 Nov 1996.
- James P. LeSage & R. Kelley Pace, 2008. "Spatial Econometric Modeling Of Origin-Destination Flows," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(5), pages 941-967.
- James P. LeSage & Manfred M. Fischer & Thomas Scherngell, 2007. "Knowledge spillovers across Europe: Evidence from a Poisson spatial interaction model with spatial effects," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 393-421, August.
- Daniel Griffith & Yongwan Chun, 2015. "Spatial Autocorrelation in Spatial Interactions Models: Geographic Scale and Resolution Implications for Network Resilience and Vulnerability," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 337-365, June.
- Tamás Krisztin & Manfred M. Fischer, 2015. "The Gravity Model for International Trade: Specification and Estimation Issues," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 451-470, December.
- Manfred M. Fischer & Daniel A. Griffith, 2008. "Modeling Spatial Autocorrelation In Spatial Interaction Data: An Application To Patent Citation Data In The European Union," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(5), pages 969-989.
- Daniel Griffith, 2009. "Modeling spatial autocorrelation in spatial interaction data: empirical evidence from 2002 Germany journey-to-work flows," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 117-140, June.
- Daniel Griffith & Manfred Fischer, 2013. "Constrained variants of the gravity model and spatial dependence: model specification and estimation issues," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 291-317, July.
- repec:spr:stemec:978-3-7908-2070-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maurseth, Per Botolf & Verspagen, Bart, 2002. " Knowledge Spillovers in Europe: A Patent Citations Analysis," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 104(4), pages 531-545, December.
- Griffith, Daniel A., 2007. "Spatial Structure and Spatial Interaction: 25 Years Later," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 37(1), pages 28-38.
More about this item
KeywordsOrigin-destination flows; Spatial dependence in origin-destination flows; Spatial econometrics; Spatial filtering; Patent citation flows;
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-05-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2017-05-07 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2017-05-07 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:78264. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .