The Day of the Week Effect in the Pakistani Equity Market: An Investigation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Keim, Donald B & Stambaugh, Robert F, 1984. " A Further Investigation of the Weekend Effect in Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 819-835, July.
- Jaffe, Jeffrey & Westerfield, Randolph, 1985. "Patterns in Japanese Common Stock Returns: Day of the Week and Turn of the Year Effects," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(02), pages 261-272, June.
- Rogalski, Richard J, 1984. " A Further Investigation of the Weekend Effect in Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 835-837, July.
- French, Kenneth R., 1980. "Stock returns and the weekend effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 55-69, March.
- Gibbons, Michael R & Hess, Patrick, 1981. "Day of the Week Effects and Asset Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(4), pages 579-596, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sumra Abbas & Attiya Yasmin Javid, 2015. "The Day-of-the-Week Anomaly in Market Returns, Volume and Volatility in SAARC Countries," PIDE-Working Papers 2015:129, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Javed Iqbal & Aziz Haider, 2005.
"Arbitrage Pricing Theory: Evidence From An Emerging Stock Market,"
Lahore Journal of Economics,
Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 10(1), pages 123-139, Jan-Jun.
- Iqbal, Javed & Haider, Aziz, 2005. "Arbitrage pricing theory: evidence from an emerging stock market," MPRA Paper 8699, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsDay Effect; Pakistan; Seasonality; Equity Market; Efficiency;
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:5268. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .