Evolución de largo plazo del Comercio Intraindustrial de manufacturas de España, 1988-2011
[Long term evolution of Manufactures Intraindustry Trade in Spain, 1988-2011]
This paper presents the first results of an ongoing research project that work with the microdata from COMEXT database to calculate the levels of intra-industry trade in manufactures between 1988 and 2011. The analysis provides data on the long-term evolution of this phenomenon and its breakdown between vertical IIT and horizontal presenting also a shift-share analysis that allows making explicit the impact it has had the performance of the various sectors in total IIT: their CII level and their weight of each sector in the total trade. Similarly, it provides the sectoral breakdown of IIT levels and various working hypotheses for future research.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- José Blanes & Carmela Martín, 2000.
"The nature and causes of intra-industry trade: Back to the comparative advantage explanation? The case of Spain,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 136(3), pages 423-441, 09.
- Carmela Martin & Jose V. Blanes, 1999. "The Nature and Causes of Intra-Industry Trade: Back to the Comparative Advantage Explanation? The Case of Spain," European Economy Group Working Papers 1, European Economy Group.
- Duc-Loi Phan & Olivier Gaussens & Claude Clair, 1984. "Le commerce international intra-branche et ses déterminants d'après le schéma de concurrence monopolistique : une vérification empirique," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 35(2), pages 347-378.
- Lancaster, Kelvin, 1980. "Intra-industry trade under perfect monopolistic competition," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 151-175, May.
- Carmen Mora, 2002. "The role of comparative advantage in trade within industries: A panel data approach for the European Union," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 138(2), pages 291-316, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:51896. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.