Long term evolution of the bilateral Intra Industry Trade between Portugal and Spain, 1988-2011
This paper offers the first results of an ongoing research project on the Intra Industry Trade (IIT) in Spanish trade using microdata from COMEXT database to calculate the levels of IIT in manufactures trade between 1988 and 2011. The analysis offers the figures of the long term evolution of IIT between Portugal and Spain, and also its distribution between horizontal and vertical IIT. Besides, the paper offers the sectorial levels of IIT and presents a shift-share analysis to explain the influence of the different sectors in the evolution of total IIT.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nuno Crespo & Maria Fontoura, 2004. "Intra-industry trade by types: What can we learn from Portuguese data?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 140(1), pages 52-79, March.
- Carrera Troyano, Miguel & De Diego Álvarez, Dorotea, 2013.
"Evolución de largo plazo del Comercio Intraindustrial de manufacturas de España, 1988-2011
[Long term evolution of Manufactures Intraindustry Trade in Spain, 1988-2011]," MPRA Paper 51896, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Lancaster, Kelvin, 1980. "Intra-industry trade under perfect monopolistic competition," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 151-175, May.
- João Amador & Sónia Cabral, 2009. "Intra-Industry Trade in the Portuguese Economy: Products and Partners," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Horácio Faustino & Nuno Carlos Leitão, 2005. "The Intra Industry Trade between Portugal European Union, Portugal Spain, Portugal-France, Portugal Germany, Portugal-Ireland, Portugal-Greece and Portugal-Netherlands - a Dynamic Panel Data Analysis ," ERSA conference papers ersa05p23, European Regional Science Association.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:51866. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.