Playful Dragon: Messing and missing trade
An examination of available data reveals large trade misinvoicing between the People’s Republic of China and identified trade partners. The analysis finds a net trade misinvoicing of US$ 287.6 billion between 2000 and 2005, while the full magnitude of unrecorded trade is estimated at US$ 1.4 trillion. Further analysis also finds that there is an accounted misinvoicing or missing trade of US$ 53.7 billion for the same period. China needs to have more effective management of its trade flows. At the same time, the international community needs to contribute to put up more effective governance mechanisms to address trade misinvoicing.
|Date of creation:||05 Oct 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bowles, Samuel & Gintis, Herbert, 1988.
"Contested Exchange: Political Economy and Modern Economic Theory,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 145-150, May.
- Bowles, Samuel & Gintis, Herbert, 1988. "Contested Exchange: Political Economy and Modern Economic Theory," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt82d2v3gb, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Samuel Bowles and Herbert Gintis., 1988. "Contested Exchange: Political Economy and Modern Economic Theory," Economics Working Papers 8876, University of California at Berkeley.
- Beja, Edsel Jr., 2006. "Forensic Accounting: Hidden balance of payments of the Philippines," MPRA Paper 4828, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Sep 2007.
- Edsel L. Beja, 2007. "Forensic Accounting: Hidden Balance of Payments of the Philippines," Working Papers wp130, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Trefler, Daniel, 1995. "The Case of the Missing Trade and Other Mysteries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1029-1046, December.
- Simon J. Pak & Stelios H. Zanakis & John S. Zdanowicz, 2003. "Detecting Abnormal Pricing in International Trade: The Greece-USA Case," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 33(2), pages 54-64, April.
- Gabrisch, Hubert & Szalai, Karin, 2002. "The use of unit values in estimating trade-related capital flight -The case of CEE countries with special focus on Russia," IWH Discussion Papers 161, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH). Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:5156. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.