How to make the economics profession socially useful? (A reaction to George Soros’ lectures and INET’s activities)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mirowski, Philip, 2007. "Naturalizing the market on the road to revisionism: Bruce Caldwell's Hayek's challenge and the challenge of Hayek interpretation," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(03), pages 351-372, December.
More about this item
Keywordsinstitution of economics; radical reform of the economic discipline; manipulative and cognitive functions of economics; new model of scientific research; interpretive paradigm (discursive economics);
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2013-07-28 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HME-2013-07-28 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2013-07-28 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2013-07-28 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-SOG-2013-07-28 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:48482. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .