Closed-Form Approximation of Timer Option Prices under General Stochastic Volatility Models
We develop an asymptotic expansion technique for pricing timer options under general stochastic volatility models around small volatility of variance. Closed-form approximation formulas have been obtained for the Heston model and the 3/2-model. The approximation has an easy-to-understand Black-Scholes-like form and many other attractive properties. Numerical analysis shows that the approximation formulas are very fast and accurate.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-343.
- Leif Andersen & Vladimir Piterbarg, 2007. "Moment explosions in stochastic volatility models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 29-50, January.
- Li, Minqiang, 2008. "Closed-Form Approximations for Spread Option Prices and Greeks," MPRA Paper 6994, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter Carr & Roger Lee, 2010. "Hedging variance options on continuous semimartingales," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 179-207, April.
- Ling Zhi Liang & Damiaan Lemmens & Jacques Tempere, 2011. "Path integral approach to the pricing of timer options with the Duru-Kleinert time transformation," Papers 1101.3713, arXiv.org.
- Ahn, Dong-Hyun & Gao, Bin, 1999. "A Parametric Nonlinear Model of Term Structure Dynamics," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(4), pages 721-762.
- Li, Minqiang & Deng, Shijie & Zhou, Jieyun, 2008.
"Multi-asset Spread Option Pricing and Hedging,"
8259, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Avi Bick, 1995. "Quadratic-Variation-Based Dynamic Strategies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(4), pages 722-732, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:47465. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.