Zur axiomatischen Einheit von Kreislauf-,Geld-, Preis- und Verteilungstheorie
[The axiomatic unity of circuit, money, price and distribution]
This contribution to the Festschrift in memoriam of Karl Brandt and Alfred E. Ott establishes the axiomatic unity of circuit, money, price and distribution theory. From the history of economic methodology and from actual practice follows: one cannot not axiomatize. The crucial question is not axiomatization per se but the real world content of axioms which is not guaranteed by simply applying the method. Axioms can be empirically vacuous. This holds for the behavioral axioms of standard economics. In marked contrast, all structural axiomatic variables are measurable in principle. No metaphysical concepts like equilibrium are put into the premises.
|Date of creation:||09 Mar 2012|
|Publication status:||Published in Die Zukunft des Wettbewerbs (2012): pp. 351-366|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hollander, Samuel, 1977. "Adam Smith and the Self-Interest Axiom," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(1), pages 133-52, April.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2011.
"Keynes’s missing axioms,"
31179, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chick, Victoria, 1998. "On Knowing One's Place: The Role of Formalism in Economics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(451), pages 1859-69, November.
- T.A. Boylan & P.F. O'Gorman, 2007. "Axiomatization And Formalism In Economics," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 426-446, 07.
- Paul Davidson, 2002. "Financial Markets, Money and the Real World," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2467, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:44313. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.