A Note on Backhouse and Medema: On Walras’ Contribution to the Definition of Economics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- O. Lange, 1945. "The Scope and Method of Economics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 19-32.
- Roger E. Backhouse & Steve G. Medema, 2009. "Defining Economics: The Long Road to Acceptance of the Robbins Definition," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 76(s1), pages 805-820, October.
- Donald A. Walker, 1984. "Is Walras's Theory of General Equilibrium a Normative Scheme?," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 445-469, Fall.
- Manuel L. Costa, 1998. "General Equilibrium Analysis and the Theory of Markets," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1604.
More about this item
KeywordsApplied political economy; pure political economy; scarcity; social economics; Walrasian definitions of economics;
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- B13 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Neoclassical through 1925 (Austrian, Marshallian, Walrasian, Wicksellian)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2012-12-06 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2012-12-06 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-POL-2012-12-06 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42673. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .