La nécessité d'une adoption (et l'adaptation) mondiale des IFRS (des normes internationales d'information financière): conséquences post-Enron et la restauration de la confiance aux marchés financiers à la suite des crises de 2008 financières et boursières
[The need for global adoption and adaptation of International Financial Reporting Standards: post Enron consequences and the restoration of confidence to capital markets following the 2008 financial and stock market crises]
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ball, Ray & Watts, Ross, 1972. "Some Time Series Properties of Accounting Income," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 27(3), pages 663-681, June.
- Barth, Mary E. & Beaver, William H. & Landsman, Wayne R., 2001. "The relevance of the value relevance literature for financial accounting standard setting: another view," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 77-104, September.
- Watts, Ross L & Zimmerman, Jerold L, 1983. "Agency Problems, Auditing, and the Theory of the Firm: Some Evidence," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(3), pages 613-633, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gromov, Vladimir (Громов,Владимир) & Malinina, Tatiana (Малинина, Татьяна), 2015. "Directions of Improvement of Russian Tax Legislation in the Part of Taxation of Capital Gains of Assets [Направления Совершенствования Российского Налогового Законодательства В Части Налогообложени," Published Papers mak16, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ojo, Marianne, 2012. "The need for global adoption and adaptation of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS): post Enron consequences and the restoration of confidence to capital markets following the 2008 finan," MPRA Paper 41135, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- S. P. Kothari & Charles Wasley, 2019. "Commemorating the 50‐Year Anniversary of Ball and Brown (1968): The Evolution of Capital Market Research over the Past 50 Years," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(5), pages 1117-1159, December.
- Steve Fortin & Ahmad Hammami & Michel Magnan, 2021. "Re‐exploring Fair Value Accounting and Value Relevance: An Examination of Underlying Securities," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 57(2), pages 220-250, June.
- Kothari, S. P., 2001. "Capital markets research in accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 105-231, September.
- Healy, Paul M. & Palepu, Krishna G., 2001. "Information asymmetry, corporate disclosure, and the capital markets: A review of the empirical disclosure literature," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 405-440, September.
- Kothari, S.P. & Ramanna, Karthik & Skinner, Douglas J., 2010. "Implications for GAAP from an analysis of positive research in accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 246-286, December.
- Ball, Ray & Jayaraman, Sudarshan & Shivakumar, Lakshmanan, 2012. "Audited financial reporting and voluntary disclosure as complements: A test of the Confirmation Hypothesis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 136-166.
- Lamar Pierce & Jason Snyder, 2015. "Unethical Demand and Employee Turnover," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 131(4), pages 853-869, November.
- Bodnar, Gordon M. & Weintrop, Joseph, 1997.
"The valuation of the foreign income of US multinational firms: a growth opportunities perspective,"
Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 69-97, December.
- Gordon M. Bodnar & Joseph Weintrop, 1997. "The Valuation of the Foreign Income of U.S. Multinational Firms: A Growth Opportunities Perspective," NBER Working Papers 5904, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abdullah, Azrul Bin, 2018. "Company-specific characteristics and the choice of hedge accounting for derivatives reporting: Malaysian case," SocArXiv npa6v, Center for Open Science.
- Lorena Mitrione & George Tanewski & Jacqueline Birt, 2014. "The relevance to firm valuation of research and development expenditure in the Australian health-care industry," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 39(3), pages 425-452, August.
- Kausar, Asad & Shroff, Nemit & White, Hal, 2016. "Real effects of the audit choice," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 157-181.
- Carretta, Alessandro & Farina, Vincenzo & Fiordelisi, Franco & Schwizer, Paola, 2006. "Corporate culture and shareholder value in banking industry," MPRA Paper 8304, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mawuena Akosua Kukah & Mohammed Amidu & Joshua Yindenaba Abor, 2016. "Corporate governance mechanisms and accounting information quality of listed firms in Ghana," African Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1), pages 38-58.
- Goncharov, Igor & Werner, Joerg R. & Zimmermann, Jochen, 2009. "Legislative demands and economic realities: Company and group accounts compared," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 334-362, December.
- Andy Lardon & Marc Deloof, 2014. "Financial disclosure by SMEs listed on a semi-regulated market: evidence from the Euronext Free Market," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 361-385, February.
- Mary E. Barth & Greg Clinch, 2009. "Scale Effects in Capital Markets‐Based Accounting Research," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3‐4), pages 253-288, April.
- Louis T. W. Cheng & Hung‐Gay Fung & Tak Yan Leung, 2009. "Dividend preference of tradable‐share and non‐tradable‐share holders in Mainland China," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 49(2), pages 291-316, June.
- McDonough, Ryan P. & Shakespeare, Catherine M., 2015. "Fair value measurement capabilities, disclosure, and the perceived reliability of fair value estimates: A discussion of Bhat and Ryan (2015)," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 96-99.
- J. Toms, 2001. "Information content of earnings in an unregulated market: the co-operative cotton mills of Lancashire, 1880–1900," Accounting and Business Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 175-190.
More about this item
Keywordsvalue relevance; conservatism; capital markets; transparency; disclosure; comparability; consistency; accounting information; IFRS adoption ; mark to market accounting; IAS 32; IAS 39; financial instruments; fair value accounting; off balance sheet instruments;
All these keywords.
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- M4 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2012-09-30 (Accounting & Auditing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:41362. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.