Item selection by an extended Latent Class model: An application to nursing homes evaluation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hans-Peter Kohler & Francesco C. Billari & José Antonio Ortega, 2002. "The Emergence of Lowest-Low Fertility in Europe During the 1990s," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 28(4), pages 641-680.
- Gilles Celeux & Gilda Soromenho, 1996. "An entropy criterion for assessing the number of clusters in a mixture model," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 13(2), pages 195-212, September.
- Beth A Reboussin & Michael E Miller & Kurt K Lohman & Thomas R Ten Have, 2002. "Latent class models for longitudinal studies of the elderly with data missing at random," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 51(1), pages 69-90.
- France Portrait & Maarten Lindeboom & Dorly Deeg, 1999.
"Health and mortality of the elderly: the grade of membership method, classification and determination,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(5), pages 441-458.
- Portrait, France & Lindeboom, Maarten & Deeg, Dorly, 1999. "Health and mortality of the elderly : the grade of membership method, classification and determination," Serie Research Memoranda 0022, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Galasso, Vincenzo & Profeta, Paola, 2007. "How does ageing affect the welfare state?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 554-563, June.
- Erling Andersen, 1977. "Sufficient statistics and latent trait models," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 42(1), pages 69-81, March.
- Fraley C. & Raftery A.E., 2002. "Model-Based Clustering, Discriminant Analysis, and Density Estimation," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 611-631, June.
- C. O'Muircheartaigh & I. Moustaki, 1999. "Symmetric pattern models: a latent variable approach to item non-response in attitude scales," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 162(2), pages 177-194.
- Nema Dean & Adrian Raftery, 2010. "Latent class analysis variable selection," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 62(1), pages 11-35, February.
- Biernacki, Christophe & Celeux, Gilles & Govaert, Gerard, 2003. "Choosing starting values for the EM algorithm for getting the highest likelihood in multivariate Gaussian mixture models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 561-575, January.
- Paul McNamee, 2004. "A comparison of the grade of membership measure with alternative health indicators in explaining costs for older people," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 379-395.
- Friedrich Breyer & Joan Costa-Font & Stefan Felder, 2010. "Ageing, health, and health care," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(4), pages 674-690, Winter.
- Karlis, Dimitris & Xekalaki, Evdokia, 2003. "Choosing initial values for the EM algorithm for finite mixtures," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 577-590, January.
- Bengt Muthén & David Kaplan & Michael Hollis, 1987. "On structural equation modeling with data that are not missing completely at random," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 431-462, September.
- Ofer Harel & Joseph L. Schafer, 2009. "Partial and latent ignorability in missing-data problems," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 96(1), pages 37-50.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pieroni, Luca & d'Agostino, Giorgio & Bartolucci, Francesco, 2013. "Identifying corruption through latent class models: evidence from transition economies," MPRA Paper 43981, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsExpectation-Maximization algorithm; Polytomous items; Quality-of-life; ULISSE project;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:38757. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.