Financing the Start-up and Operation of Immigrant-owned Businesses: the path taken by African Immigrants in the Cape Town Metropolitan Area of South Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alicia Robb & Robert Fairlie, 2009. "Determinants of business success: an examination of Asian-owned businesses in the USA," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 22(4), pages 827-858, October.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Delmastro, Marco & Grilli, Luca, 2004. "Entrepreneurs' human capital and the start-up size of new technology-based firms," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1183-1211, November.
- Gries, Thomas & Naude, Wim, 2008. "Entrepreneurship and Regional Economic Growth: Towards A General Theory of Start-Ups," WIDER Working Paper Series 070, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Tengeh, Robertson Khan & Ballard, Harry & Slabbert, Andre, 2011. "A framework for acquiring the resources vital for the start-up of a business in South Africa:an African Immigrant’s Perspective," MPRA Paper 34211, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- C. Mirjam van Praag, 2003. "Business Survival and Success of Young Small Business Owners," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-050/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Lucio Cassia & Alessandra Colombelli, 2006. "Entrepreneurship As Regional Development Catalyst," ERSA conference papers ersa06p627, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
Keywordsbusiness start-up; immigrant-owned businesses; African immigrants; finance; capital; and South Africa;
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-05-08 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2012-05-08 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-IUE-2012-05-08 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-MFD-2012-05-08 (Microfinance)
- NEP-MIG-2012-05-08 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:38405. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .