Report NEP-AFR-2012-05-08This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Johan Fourie & Stefan Schirmer, 2012. "The Future of South African Economic History," Working Papers 06/2012, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Elizabeth Asiedu & Yi Jin & Isaac Kalonda-Kanyama, 2012. "The Impact of HIV/AIDS on Foreign Direct Investment: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201207, University of Kansas, Department of Economics.
- Nwaobi, Godwin, 2011. "Macroeconomic fluctuations,regime switching(structural breaks) and impulse responses:Nigerian evidence," MPRA Paper 38482, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz & Zuzana Brixiov?? & L??once Ndikumana, 2011. "Credit Constraints & Productive Entrepreneurship in Africa," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1025, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Franklin Allen & Elena Carletti & Robert Cull & Jun Qian & Lemma Senbet & Patricio Valenzuela, 2012. "Resolving the African Financial Development Gap: Cross-Country Comparisons and a Within-Country Study of Kenya," NBER Working Papers 18013, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacopo Costa & Raul Caruso & Roberto Ricciuti, 2012. "The Probability of Military Rule in Africa, 1970-2007," Working Papers 17/2012, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Tengeh, Robertson Khan & Ballard, Harry & Slabbert, Andre, 2011. "Financing the Start-up and Operation of Immigrant-owned Businesses: the path taken by African Immigrants in the Cape Town Metropolitan Area of South Africa," MPRA Paper 38405, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Dec 2011.
- Bruno Versailles, 2012. "Market Intergration and Border Effects in Eastern Africa," CSAE Working Paper Series 2012-01, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Rangan Gupta & Monique Reid, 2012. "Macroeconomic Surprises and Stock Returns in South Africa," Working Papers 05/2012, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Andrew Kerr & Francis Teal, 2012. "The Determinants of Earnings Inequalities: Panel data evidence from South Africa," CSAE Working Paper Series 2012-04, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Johan Fourie & Jan Luiten van Zanden, 2012. "GDP in the Dutch Cape Colony: The national accounts of a slave-based society," Working Papers 04/2012, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Fabrizio Carmignani & Abdur Chowdhury, 2011. "The Development Effects Of Natural Resources: A Geographical Dimension," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1022, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Peter Montiel & Christopher Adam & Wilfred Mbowe & Stephen O’Connell, 2012. "Financial Architecture and the Monetary Transmission Mechanism in Tanzania," CSAE Working Paper Series 2012-03, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- RETAILLE Denis & WALTHER Olivier, 2012. "New ways of conceptualizing space and mobility: Lessons from the Sahel to the globalized world," LISER Working Paper Series 2012-24, LISER.
- Hagos, Dagnew & Mekonnen, Alemu & Gebreegziabher, Zenebe, 2012. "Households’ Willingness to Pay for Improved Urban Waste Management in Mekelle City, Ethiopia," Discussion Papers dp-12-06-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Naci H. Mocan & Colin Cannonier, 2012. "Empowering Women Through Education: Evidence from Sierra Leone," NBER Working Papers 18016, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.