Rural non-farm sector in Pakistan
Admittedly the rural non-farm sector has immense contribution to the growth, employment generation and poverty alleviation in the developing world, adequate assessment of the size, composition and structure of activities of this segment of the economy is not made in general, Pakistan being no exception. Partly the data limitations explain the relative neglect of research endeavours to focus upon this important sector,part of the reason lies in the intricate and complex interaction of RNF with the rest of the economy thereby defying efforts to delineate and subject it to a competent and rigorous analysis. In this study an attempt is made to provide some ideas regarding the size and structure of RNF sector in Pakistan, the nature of interlinkages between this sector and rest of the economy in particular the agriculture. Also an examination, of the nature of influences different policies have had on the relative size and the nexus between this sector and the rest of the economy, is attempted. The findings of the study are reported in five Chapters.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. R. Kemal & Zafar Mahmood, 1998. "Characteristics of the Workers in the Urban InformalSector of Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 1998:160, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- G.M. Arif & M. Irfan, 1997. "Return Migration and Occupational Change: The Case of Pakistani Migrants Returned from the Middle East," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 36(1), pages 1-37.
- M. Irfan & G. M. Arif & Syed Mubashir Ali & Hina Nazli, 1999. "The Structure of Informal Credit Market in Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 1999:168, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Mohammad, Irfan & Amjad, Rashid, 1994. "Poverty in rural Pakistan," MPRA Paper 38335, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rashid Amjad & A.R. Kemal, 1997. "Macroeconomic Policies and their Impact on Poverty Alleviation in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 36(1), pages 39-68.
- G.M. Arif & Sabiha Ibrahim, 1998. "The Process of Urbanisation in Pakistan, 1951–81," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 37(4), pages 507-522.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:38152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.