Disparity in the structure of wages in Pakistan
Perpetual Disparities in all norms of lives are one of those essences of Pakistan which have been like a ghost that always exploits to its victims. This paper investigates and identifies the Disparities in the wage Structure of Pakistan. Data for the wages from 9 different sectors which includes Mining and Quarrying, Manufacturing, Electric Gas and Water, Construction, Whole and Retail Trade, Transportation, Financial Real Estate have been taken from Labor force survey for 2000- 2010, which is available at State Bank and Economic Survey of Pakistan. The main objective/ proposition of this study is to compare the wages of the outlined sectors with the wage structure of agriculture sector. The Split technique for means has been deployed to interrogate the data and the propositions of this research. It is revealed in this paper that wages of all the selected sectors are at higher side as compared to the agriculture sector of Pakistan, and despite of the claim that Pakistan is an agririan country, the agriculture sector has been ignored in terms of wages offered to the employees work for it.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Science Series Data Report 2.4(2012): pp. 38-41|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Asma Hyder & Barry Reilly, 2005. "The Public and Private Sector Pay Gap in Pakistan: A Quantile Regression Analysis," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 44(3), pages 271-306.
- Katharine G. Abraham & John C. Haltiwanger, 1995. "Real Wages and the Business Cycle," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(3), pages 1215-1264, September.
- Hasan, Syed Akif & Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2012. "Can we have another Fall?Evidence from past, present and prediction for future," MPRA Paper 35678, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zafar Mueen Nasir, 2000. "Earnings Differential between Public and Private Sectors in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 39(2), pages 111-130.
- Syed Kanwar Abbas & Asad Zaman, 2005. "Efficiency Wage Hypothesis—The Case of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 44(4), pages 1051-1066.
- Afia Malik & Ather Maqsood Ahmed, 2000. "The Relationship between Real Wages and Output: Evidence from Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 39(4), pages 1111-1126.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:37664. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.