Funds Flow Analysis and Determinants of Fixed Assets
The core objective of this study is to ascertain a link between the investment in fixed assets and the changing in the patterns of working capital. The relation between the flow of funds and the fixed assets is a central issue of the study. It is concluded in this study that funds from different sources determine the investment in fixed assets by different ways. With the help of this model, corporate planners and financial analysts can quantify the impacts of the flows of various funds on the assets holding patterns. Important conclusion of the model is that “fixed assets and working capital are complements. Working capital of a firm will increase with the enhancement in fixed assets”. The model is based on a single behavioral equation. The study is a mixture of the financial accounting postulates and econometric techniques.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:||2001|
|Publication status:||Published in Accounting and Finance in Transition 3.1(2004): pp. 587-603|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- de Bandt, Olivier & Jacquinot, Pascal, 1992. "The financing of corporate firms in France : An econometric model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 253-269, July.
- Ghartey, Edward E. & Rao, U. L. G., 1990. "A short-run forecasting model of Ghana," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 291-308, July.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1984. "Capital structure puzzle," Working papers 1548-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Myers, Stewart C, 1984. " The Capital Structure Puzzle," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 575-592, July.
- Stewart C. Myers, 1984. "Capital Structure Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 1393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:363. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.