Are Pakistani Consumers Ricardian?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlos Fonseca Marinheiro, "undated". "Ricardian Equivalence: An Empirical Application to the Portuguese Economy," International Economics Working Papers Series ces0112, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, International Economics.
- Kostas Drakos, 2001. "Testing the Ricardian Equivalence Theorem: Time Series Evidence from Greece," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 26(1), pages 149-160, June.
- Jesus Crespo Cuaresma & Gerhard Reitschuler, 2007. "Is the Ricardian Equivalence Proposition an 'Aerie Fairy' Theory for Europe?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 74(296), pages 682-694, November.
- Roberto Ricciuti & Davide Di Laurea, 2003. "An experimental analysis of two departures from Ricardian equivalence," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 8(11), pages 1-11.
- Barro, Robert J, 1979. "On the Determination of the Public Debt," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 940-971, October.
- Seater, John J, 1993. "Ricardian Equivalence," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(1), pages 142-190, March.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:5:y:2004:i:16:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khalid, Ahmed M., 1996. "Ricardian equivalence: Empirical evidence from developing economies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 413-432, December.
- Nicholas Apergis & Katerina Lyroudi & Athanasios Sfetsos, 2008. "Private And Government Consumption In Transitional Economies: A Panel Data Analysis," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 33(1), pages 113-131, June.
- Gerhard Reitschuler & Jesús Crespo Cuaresma, 2004. "Ricardian Equivalence Revisited: Evidence from OECD countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 5(16), pages 1-10.
- Cardia, Emanuela, 1997. "Replicating Ricardian Equivalence Tests with Simulated Series," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 65-79, March.
- Waqas, Muhamad & Awan, Masood Sarwar & Aslam, Muhammad Amir, 2011. "We are living on the cost of our children," MPRA Paper 32044, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Haque, Nadeem U & Montiel, Peter, 1989. "Consumption in Developing Countries: Tests for Liquidity Constraintsand Finite Horizons," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(3), pages 408-415, August.
- Jalal Siddiki, 2010.
"The Ricardian equivalence hypothesis: evidence from Bangladesh,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(11), pages 1419-1435.
- Siddiki, Jalal Uddin, 2002. "The Ricardian equivalence hypothesis: evidence from Bangladesh," Economics Discussion Papers 2002-6, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:8:y:2003:i:11:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kormendi, Roger C, 1983. "Government Debt, Government Spending, and Private Sector Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 994-1010, December.
- Hannes Kaadu & Lenno Uuskula, 2004. "Liquidity Constrains and Ricardian Equivalence in Estonia," Bank of Estonia Working Papers 2004-7, Bank of Estonia, revised 10 Oct 2004.
- Agustín García & Julián Ramajo, 2005. "Fiscal policy and private consumption behaviour: The Spanish case," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 115-135, January.
- Seater, John J. & Mariano, Roberto S., 1985. "New tests of the life cycle and tax discounting hypotheses," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 195-215, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:rss:jnljee:v3i1p4 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal policy; Ricardian Equivalence; Government debt; Pakistan;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- K34 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Tax Law
- H6 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:35375. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .