Implicații ale pierderii autonomiei politicii monetare asupra procesului inflaționist
The first part of the paper assesses the impact of asymmetric shocks on inflation in two new members states of the euro zone: Slovenia and Slovakia. The second part of the paper studies the issue of the inflationary process in Romania in the context of losing autonomous monetary policy after euro adoption. Minimizing the cost of losing monetary autonomy presupposes the fulfilment of the sustainable nominal and real convergence criteria. The unsynchronization of the business cycle indicates a higher probability of asymmetric shocks and thus lead to differences in inflation to the euro area, differences that will persist due to the inertial component.
|Date of creation:||28 Nov 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- C. Moons & A. Van Poeck, 2007.
"Does one size fit all? A Taylor-rule based analysis of monetary policy for current and future EMU members,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(2), pages 193-199.
- MOONS, Cindy & VAN POECK, André, 2005. "Does one size fit all? A Taylor-rule based analysis of monetary policy for current and future EMU members," Working Papers 2005026, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Dumitru, Ionut, 2009. "Adoptarea euro in Romania
[Euro adoption in Romania]," MPRA Paper 18612, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:diw:diwfin:diwfin05030 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bojeşteanu, Elena & Manu, Ana Simona, 2011. "Analiza empirică a sincronizării ciclului de afaceri şi a similarităţii şocurilor între România şi zona euro
[Empirical analysis of business cycle synchronization and shock similarity between Roman," MPRA Paper 31295, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Georgy Ganev, 2009. "Costs and Benefits of Euro Adoption in Bulgaria," Working Paper / FINESS 5.3, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:35061. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.