Rôle de l'internationalisation des entreprises tunisiennes de service dans la promotion de l'innovation
[Role of the Tunisian service firms internationalization in promoting innovation]
Service innovation is a key element in firms’ performance. However, most studies have paid particular attention to the analysis of business’ internal resources and their effects on innovation, regardless to the role of some other relevant characteristics such as external environment of firms. Using a sample of 108 Tunisian service firms, the goal of this paper is to analyze the relationship between internationalization and innovation which represents a central issue in the international business literature. Our results confirm that internationalization enhances a firm’s innovation capacity. This result suggests that access to external knowledge clearly explains the innovation performance of Tunisian firms.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luísa Ferreira Lopes & Manuel Mira Godinho, 2005. "Services Innovation and Economic Performance An analysis at the firm level," DRUID Working Papers 05-08, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Bruno Crepon & Emmanuel Duguet & Jacques Mairesse, 1998.
"Research, Innovation And Productivity: An Econometric Analysis At The Firm Level,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 115-158.
- Bruno Crepon & Emmanuel Duguet & Jacques Mairesse, 1998. "Research, Innovation, and Productivity: An Econometric Analysis at the Firm Level," NBER Working Papers 6696, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruno Crépon & Emmanuel Duguet & Jacques Mairesse, 1998. "Research, Innovation and Productivity : An Econometric Analysis at the Firm Level," Working Papers 98-33, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Jan De Loecker, 2004.
"Do Exports Generate Higher Productivity? Evidence from Slovenia,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
15104, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- De Loecker, Jan, 2007. "Do exports generate higher productivity? Evidence from Slovenia," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 69-98, September.
- James Love & Stephen Roper, 1999. "The Determinants of Innovation: R & D, Technology Transfer and Networking Effects," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Castellacci, Fulvio, 2010. "The internationalization of firms in the service industries: channels, determinants and sectoral patterns," MPRA Paper 26548, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bruno Crépon & Emmanuel Duguet & Jacques Mairesse, 2000. "Mesurer le rendement de l'innovation," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 334(1), pages 65-78.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34036. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.