Η Επιχειρηματική Ανταγωνιστικότητα Στην Οικονομία Της Γνώσης: Προσδιοριστικοί Παράγοντες Της Καινοτομικότητας Των Μικρομεσαίων Επιχειρήσεων
[Entrepreneurial competitiveness in the knowledge economy: factors defining the innovativeness of small and medium size enterprises]
The present paper is based on state-of-the-art research in European and Asian labour-intensive and technology-intensive industries, concerning the competitiveness of small and medium size enterprises in the context of knowledge-economy. Cross-country and cross-industry econometric analysis of the primary qualitative and quantitative information establishes that firm economic performance depends on technological and innovation capacity. The deviation in the technological capabilities and competitiveness of firms and industrial agglomerations is strongly related to different structural, as well as functional and institutional configurations of business milieux. The identification of the factors determining innovativeness suggests that firm innovative and competitive capacity depend heavily rather on the endogenously developed technology, than on exogenous technological inputs. Moreover, embeddedness within international networks of technological transactions enhances the entrepreneurial technological and economic performance.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Samuel S. Kortum & Jonathan Eaton, 1995.
"Trade in ideas: patenting and productivity in the OECD,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
95-9, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Eaton, Jonathan & Kortum, Samuel, 1996. "Trade in ideas Patenting and productivity in the OECD," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-4), pages 251-278, May.
- Eaton, J. & Kortum, S., 1995. "Trade in Ideas: Patenting and Productivity onn the OECD," Papers 34, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Jonathan Eaton & Samuel Kortum, 1995. "Trade in Ideas: Patenting and Productivity in the OECD," NBER Working Papers 5049, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George Symeonidis, 1996. "Innovation, Firm Size and Market Structure: Schumpeterian Hypotheses and Some New Themes," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 161, OECD Publishing.
- Ettlinger, Nancy & Tufford, Michelle, 1996. " Evaluating Small Firm Performance in Local Context: A Case Study of Manufacturers in Columbus, Ohio," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 139-57, April.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5662085 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Richard R. & Winter, Sidney G., 1993.
"In search of useful theory of innovation,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 108-108, April.
- Brouwer, Erik & Kleinknecht, Alfred, 1996. " Firm Size, Small Business Presence and Sales of Innovative Products: A Micro-econometric Analysis," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 189-201, June.
- Palaskas, Theodosio B. & Reppas, Panayotis & Christopoulos, Dimitrios, 1999. "Technological Capability: Empirical Evidence from the Turkish and Greek Industrial Sector," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio di Genova, vol. 52(2), pages 215-227.
- Kevin Morgan, 1997. "The Learning Region: Institutions, Innovation and Regional Renewal," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(5), pages 491-503.
- Cristiano Antonelli, 2000. "Collective Knowledge Communication and Innovation: The Evidence of Technological Districts," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 535-547.
- Gordon Clark & Theo Palaskas & Paul Tracey & Maria Tsampra, 2004. "Globalization and Competitive Strategy in Europe's Vulnerable Regions: Firm, Industry and Country Effects in Labour-intensive Industries," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(9), pages 1085-1100.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33561. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.