Η Επιχειρηματική Ανταγωνιστικότητα Στην Οικονομία Της Γνώσης: Προσδιοριστικοί Παράγοντες Της Καινοτομικότητας Των Μικρομεσαίων Επιχειρήσεων
[Entrepreneurial competitiveness in the knowledge economy: factors defining the innovativeness of small and medium size enterprises]
The present paper is based on state-of-the-art research in European and Asian labour-intensive and technology-intensive industries, concerning the competitiveness of small and medium size enterprises in the context of knowledge-economy. Cross-country and cross-industry econometric analysis of the primary qualitative and quantitative information establishes that firm economic performance depends on technological and innovation capacity. The deviation in the technological capabilities and competitiveness of firms and industrial agglomerations is strongly related to different structural, as well as functional and institutional configurations of business milieux. The identification of the factors determining innovativeness suggests that firm innovative and competitive capacity depend heavily rather on the endogenously developed technology, than on exogenous technological inputs. Moreover, embeddedness within international networks of technological transactions enhances the entrepreneurial technological and economic performance.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ettlinger, Nancy & Tufford, Michelle, 1996. "Evaluating Small Firm Performance in Local Context: A Case Study of Manufacturers in Columbus, Ohio," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 139-157, April.
- George Symeonidis, 1996. "Innovation, Firm Size and Market Structure: Schumpeterian Hypotheses and Some New Themes," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 161, OECD Publishing.
- Eaton, J. & Kortum, S., 1995.
"Trade in Ideas: Patenting and Productivity onn the OECD,"
34, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Kortum, Samuel, 1996. "Trade in ideas Patenting and productivity in the OECD," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-4), pages 251-278, May.
- Jonathan Eaton & Samuel Kortum, 1995. "Trade in Ideas: Patenting and Productivity in the OECD," NBER Working Papers 5049, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Samuel Kortum & Jonathan Eaton, 1995. "Trade in ideas: patenting and productivity in the OECD," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-9, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gordon Clark & Theo Palaskas & Paul Tracey & Maria Tsampra, 2004. "Globalization and Competitive Strategy in Europe's Vulnerable Regions: Firm, Industry and Country Effects in Labour-intensive Industries," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(9), pages 1085-1100.
- Brouwer, Erik & Kleinknecht, Alfred, 1996. "Firm Size, Small Business Presence and Sales of Innovative Products: A Micro-econometric Analysis," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 189-201, June.
- Palaskas, Theodosio B. & Reppas, Panayotis & Christopoulos, Dimitrios, 1999. "Technological Capability: Empirical Evidence from the Turkish and Greek Industrial Sector," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 52(2), pages 215-227.
- Nelson, Richard R. & Winter, Sidney G., 1993.
"In search of useful theory of innovation,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 108-108, April.
- Cristiano Antonelli, 2000. "Collective Knowledge Communication and Innovation: The Evidence of Technological Districts," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 535-547.
- Kevin Morgan, 1997. "The Learning Region: Institutions, Innovation and Regional Renewal," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(5), pages 491-503.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33561. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.