Cultural contingency on the antecedents of the complexity of management accounting systems: Evidence from a meta-analysis of individual data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Abdel-Kader, Magdy & Luther, Robert, 2008. "The impact of firm characteristics on management accounting practices: A UK-based empirical analysis," The British Accounting Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 2-27.
- Drury, Colin & Tayles, Mike, 2005. "Explicating the design of overhead absorption procedures in UK organizations," The British Accounting Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 47-84.
- Chenhall, Robert H., 2003. "Management control systems design within its organizational context: findings from contingency-based research and directions for the future," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 127-168.
- Toomas Haldma & Kertu Laats, 2002. "Influencing Contingencies On Management Accounting Practices In Estonian Manufacturing Companies," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 13, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Katia Dangereux & Philippe Chapellier & Fabienne Villesèque-Dubus, 2014. "FROM DIVERSITY OF SMEs’ CHARACTERISTICS TO DIVERSITY OF THEIR MANAGEMENT CONTROL SYSTEM : THE CASE OF AN ELABORATE PURCHASE DASHBOARD [De La Diversite Des Caracteristiques Des Pme A La Diversite De," Post-Print hal-01899657, HAL.
- Lino Cinquini & Paolo Collini & Alessandro Marelli & Andrea Tenucci, 2008. "An exploration of the factors affecting the diffusion of advanced costing techniques: a comparative analysis of two surveys (1996-2005)," Working Papers 200801, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna of Pisa, Istituto di Management.
- Federica Palazzi & Massimo Ciambotti & Lorenzo Gelsomini, 2019. "L?adozione dell?Activity-Based Costing nelle PMI: analisi di un caso," MANAGEMENT CONTROL, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2019(1), pages 97-122.
- Cinquini, Lino & Collini, Paolo & Marelli, Alessandro & Tenucci, Andrea, 2008. "An exploration of the factors affecting the diffusion of Advanced Costing techniques: a comparative analysis of two surveys (1996-2005)," MPRA Paper 10911, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adel Elgharbawy & Magdy Abdel-Kader, 2013. "Enterprise governance and value-based management: a theoretical contingency framework," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 17(1), pages 99-129, February.
- Lino Cinquini & Paolo Collini & Alessandro Marelli & Andrea Tenucci, 2015. "Change in the relevance of cost information and costing systems: evidence from two Italian surveys," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 19(3), pages 557-587, August.
- Evdokia I. Tsifora & Prodromos D. Chatzoglou, 2016. "Exploring the effects of firm and product characteristics on cost systemâ€™s features," International Journal of Economics & Business Administration (IJEBA), International Journal of Economics & Business Administration (IJEBA), vol. 0(3), pages 93-116.
- Ali Uyar & Cemil Kuzey, 2016. "Contingent Factors, Extent of Budget Use and Performance: A Structural Equation Approach," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 26(1), pages 91-106, March.
- Jihene Ghorbel, 2019. "A Study of Contingency Factors of Accounting Information System Design in Tunisian SMIs," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 10(1), pages 74-103, March.
- Jafar Ojra & Abdullah Promise Opute & Mohammad Mobarak Alsolmi, 2021. "Strategic management accounting and performance implications: a literature review and research agenda," Future Business Journal, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 1-17, December.
- Ahmed Abdel-Maksoud & Wagdy Abdallah & Mayada Youssef, 2012. "An empirical study of the influence of intensity of competition on the deployment of contemporary management accounting practices and managerial techniques in Egyptian firms," Journal of Economic and Administrative Sciences, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 84-97, February.
- Tuan Zainun Tuanmat & Malcolm Smith, 2011. "The effects of changes in competition, technology and strategy on organizational performance in small and medium manufacturing companies," Asian Review of Accounting, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 19(3), pages 208-220, September.
- Robert Rieg, 2018. "Tasks, interaction and role perception of management accountants: evidence from Germany," Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 183-220, August.
- Reheul, Anne-Mie & Jorissen, Ann, 2010. "Do CEOs Shape Planning, Control and Performance Evaluation Systems in SMEs?," Working Papers 2010/26, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Christoph Endenich & Michael Brandau & Andreas Hoffjan, 2011.
"Two Decades of Research on Comparative Management Accounting – Achievements and Future Directions,"
Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 21(4), pages 365-382, December.
- M. Brandau & A. Hoffjan & Chr. Endenich, 2011. "Two Decades of Research on Comparative Management Accounting - Achievements and Future Directions," Post-Print hal-00787928, HAL.
- Matolcsy, Zoltan & Wakefield, James, 2017. "Multinational headquarter control of wholly owned foreign subsidiaries," The British Accounting Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 275-293.
- Adrien Bonache & Philippe Chapellier & Zouhour Ben Hamadi & Abdallah Mohammed, 2015. "Determinants of the complexity of accounting information systems of managers of SMEs: cultural contingencies and endogeneity [Los factores determinantes de la complejidad de los sistemas de informa," Post-Print halshs-01288141, HAL.
- Ewelina ZARZYCKA & Justyna DOBROSZEK & Cristina CIRCA & Alina ALMASAN, 2017. "The perceived suitability of management accounting information: a contingency based investigation," The Audit Financiar journal, Chamber of Financial Auditors of Romania, vol. 15(147), pages 395-395.
- Jihene Ghorbel, 2016. "The Relationship between the Profile of Manager and Management Accounting Practices in Tunisian SMIs," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 6(1), pages 61-72, January.
- Macinati, Manuela S. & Anessi-Pessina, E., 2014. "Management accounting use and financial performance in public health-care organisations: Evidence from the Italian National Health Service," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 98-111.
More about this item
KeywordsCultural contingency ; complexity of management accounting systems ; meta-analysis of individual data ; small and medium sized enterprise;
All these keywords.
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:30268. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.