A comprehensive literature classification of simulation optimisation methods
Simulation Optimization (SO) provides a structured approach to the system design and configuration when analytical expressions for input/output relationships are unavailable. Several excellent surveys have been written on this topic. Each survey concentrates on only few classification criteria. This paper presents a literature survey with all classification criteria on techniques for SO according to the problem of characteristics such as shape of the response surface (global as compared to local optimization), objective functions (single or multiple objectives) and parameter spaces (discrete or continuous parameters). The survey focuses specifically on the SO problem that involves single per-formance measure
|Date of creation:||24 May 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kleijnen, Jack P. C., 2005.
"An overview of the design and analysis of simulation experiments for sensitivity analysis,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 164(2), pages 287-300, July.
- Kleijnen, J.P.C., 2004. "An Overview of the Design and Analysis of Simulation Experiments for Sensitivity Analysis," Discussion Paper 2004-16, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Azadivar, Farhad & Lee, Young-Hae, 1988. "Optimization of discrete variable stochastic systems by computer simulation," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 331-345.
- Marvin K. Nakayama & Perwez Shahabuddin, 1998. "Likelihood Ratio Derivative Estimation for Finite-Time Performance Measures in Generalized Semi-Markov Processes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(10), pages 1426-1441, October.
- April Linton, 2003. "Introduction," Politics & Society, , vol. 31(3), pages 359-362, September.
- Russell R. Barton & John S. Ivey, Jr., 1996. "Nelder-Mead Simplex Modifications for Simulation Optimization," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(7), pages 954-973, July.
- Hunt, F.Y., 2005. "Sample path optimality for a Markov optimization problem," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 115(5), pages 769-779, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27652. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.