Le Taux de Change Réel et les Performances macroéconomiques: Une Application à Trois Pays de l’UEMOA
[Real Exchange Rate and Macroeconomic Performances: Evidence from three countries of WAEMU]
In this paper, it is necessary to establish the degree of surevaluation and volatility of real exchange rate and measure the impact of these distortions in the macroeconomic performance of the WAEMU countries. According to our analysis it appears that the overvaluation and volatility of the TCR are among the factors that threaten economic growth in these countries. Directly or indirectly overvaluation and instability of TCR negatively affect growth in real GDP per capita.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cottani, Joaquin A & Cavallo, Domingo F & Khan, M Shahbaz, 1990. "Real Exchange Rate Behavior and Economic Performance in LDCs," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(1), pages 61-76, October.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Lewis, Jeffrey D & Robinson, Sherman, 1993. "External Shocks, Purchasing Power Parity, and the Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(1), pages 45-63, January.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & de Melo, Jaime, 1987. "Adjustment with a Fixed Exchange Rate: Cameroon, Cote d'Ivoire, and Senegal," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 1(3), pages 447-87, May.
- Dupuy, Michel & Teiletche, Jérôme & Bourguinat, Henri, 2007. "Finance internationale," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/608, Paris Dauphine University.
- Rudolf R. Rhomberg, 1976. "Indices of Effective Exchange Rates (Indices de taux de change effectifs) (Indices de tipos de cambio efectivos)," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(1), pages 88-112, March.
- Jean-Marie Gankou, 1987. "Dévaluation et politique d'ajustement," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 28(109), pages 209-227.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27480. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.