Flexibilización laboral y competitividad durante el plan de convertibilidad
[Labor flexibility and competitiveness during the Convertibility Plan]
The nineties in Argentina was marked by an ambitious set of structural reforms known as the Convertibility Plan. Margin, some authors claim that their collapse was due, among other things, lack of competitiveness of Argentina's economy. We believe that this did not go unnoticed by "policymakers" and tempt in this paper analyze the policies that were undertaken to address the shortcomings in competitiveness that the country suffered. The central hypothesis of this paper is that it underlay a narrow concept of competitiveness led flexible policies (deregulation, labor flexibility indiscriminate opening) that ended, at last, completely undermining the country's competitiveness and sustainability bury Plan. On the other hand, we believe that a more realistic view of the phenomenon of competition to understand this failure and be a guide to avoid mistakes committed similes.
|Date of creation:||07 Jul 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carlos A. Rodríguez, 1995. "Ensayo Sobre el Plan de Convertibilidad," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 105, Universidad del CEMA.
- J. M. Keynes, 1937. "The General Theory of Employment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(2), pages 209-223.
- Yoguel, Gabriel, 2000. "Creación de competencias en ambientes locales y redes productivas," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1962. "Parable and Realism in Capital Theory: The Surrogate Production Function," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 193-206.
- Daniel Chudnovsky & Andres Lopez & German Pupato, 2003. "Las Recientes Crisis Sistemicas en Paises Emergentes: Las Peculiaridades del Caso Argentino," Working Papers 63, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Oct 2003.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26799. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.