The case against the Islamic gold dinar
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chapra, Muhammad Umer, 1996. "Monetary Management In An Islamic Economy," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 4, pages 2-35.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2007. "Ensuring exchange rate stability: Is return to gold (Dinar)possible?," MPRA Paper 8134, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2012. "Money evolution and control in the context of current financial crisis with Islamic inputs," MPRA Paper 73532, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- repec:pra:mprapa:39795 is not listed on IDEAS
- Omerčević, Edo, 2013. "Monetary systems, sustainable growth and inclusive economic development," MPRA Paper 44559, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2011.
"Money creation and control from Islamic perspective,"
28366, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2011. "Money creation and control from Islamic perspective," MPRA Paper 39796, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 21 Dec 2011.
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic gold dinar; interest rate; Gresham's Law; barter; commodity money; money as a medium of exchange; fiat money;
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2010-11-20 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2010-11-20 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-MON-2010-11-20 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26645. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.