An Econometric Model of Tourism Demand in France
This case study gives an overview of the tourism demand in France by using an econometric model. The study covers the period between 1975 and 2003. Five developed countries have been selected, and the choice of the countries is based upon the fact that continuous data on all relevant variables are available only for those countries. The results show a positive relationship between tourist expenditures and generating country GDP, and a negative relation between tourist expenditures and relative prices.
|Date of creation:||07 Jul 2006|
|Date of revision:||30 Dec 2006|
|Publication status:||Published in TOURISMOS: An International Multidisciplinary Refereed Journal of Tourism 1.2(2007): pp. 115-126|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Witt, Stephen F. & Witt, Christine A., 1995. "Forecasting tourism demand: A review of empirical research," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 447-475, September.
- Ong, Christine, 1995. "Tourism demand models: a critique," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 367-372.
- McAleer, Michael, 1994. " Sherlock Holmes and the Search for Truth: A Diagnostic Tale," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(4), pages 317-370, December.
- James G. MacKinnon, 1990.
"Critical Values for Cointegration Tests,"
1227, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- James G. MacKinnon, 2010. "Critical Values for Cointegration Tests," Working Papers 1227, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "EGTEST: RATS procedure to compute Engle-Granger test for Cointegration," Statistical Software Components RTS00061, Boston College Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25390. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.