Gradient methods in FIML estimation of econometric models
Through Monte Carlo experiments, this paper compares the performances of different gradient optimization algorithms, when performing full information maximum likelihood (FIML) estimation of econometric models. Different matrices are used (Hessian, outer products matrix, GLS-type matrix, as well as a mixture of them).
|Date of creation:||1985|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dagenais, Marcel G, 1978. "The Computation of FIML Estimates as Iterative Generalized Least Squares Estimates in Linear and Nonlinear Simultaneous Equations Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1351-62, November.
- E.K. Berndt & B.H. Hall & R.E. Hall, 1974. "Estimation and Inference in Nonlinear Structural Models," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 3, number 4, pages 653-665 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Belsley, David A., 1980. "On the efficient computation of the nonlinear full-information maximum-likelihood estimator," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 203-225, October.
- Klein, Lawrence R, 1969. "Estimation on Interdependent Systems in Macroeconometrics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(2), pages 171-92, April.
- Calzolari, Giorgio & Panattoni, Lorenzo, 1983. "Hessian and approximated Hessian matrices in maximum likelihood estimation: a Monte Carlo study," MPRA Paper 28847, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Parke, William R, 1982. "An Algorithm for FIML and 3SLS Estimation of Large Nonlinear Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 81-95, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:24843. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.