Measuring monetary conditions in Europe: Use and limitations of the monetary conditions index
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eika, Kari H & Ericsson, Neil R & Nymoen, Ragnar, 1996.
"Hazards in Implementing a Monetary Conditions Index,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(4), pages 765-790, November.
- Eika, K.H. & Ericsson, N.R. & Nymoen, R., 1996. "Hazards in Implementing a Monetary Conditions Index," Memorandum 32/1996, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Kari H. Eika & Neil R. Ericsson & Ragnar Nymoen, 1996. "Hazards in implementing a monetary conditions index," International Finance Discussion Papers 568, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Duguay, Pierre, 1994. "Empirical evidence on the strength of the monetary transmission mechanism in Canada: An aggregate approach," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 39-61, February.
- Richard Dennis, 1997. "A measure of monetary conditions," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series G97/1, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Grande, Giuseppe, 1997. "Properties of the monetary conditions index," MPRA Paper 23515, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mayes, David G. & Razzak, W. A., 1998. "Transparency and accountability: Empirical models and policy making at the Reserve Bank of New Zealand," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 377-394, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bayangos, V.B., 2000. "real monetary conditions index for the Philippines : is it useful?," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19054, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Muhamed Zulkhibri Abdul Majid, 2012.
"Measuring monetary conditions in a small open economy: the case of Malaysia,"
Journal of Financial Economic Policy,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(3), pages 218-231, July.
- Abdul Majid, Muhamed Zulkhibri, 2010. "Measuring Monetary Conditions in A Small Open Economy: The Case of Malaysia," MPRA Paper 29041, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdul Majid, Muhamed Zulkhibri, 2010. "Measuring Monetary Conditions in A Small Open Economy: The Case of Malaysia," MPRA Paper 29154, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leo De Haan & Elmer Sterken, 2006. "The impact of monetary policy on the financing behaviour of firms in the Euro area and the UK," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(5), pages 401-420.
- H.M.M. Peeters, 1999.
"Achieving price stability in the euro zone: Monetary or inflation targeting ?,"
WO Research Memoranda (discontinued)
589, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- H.M.M. Peeters, 2000. "Achieving Price Stability in the Euro Zone: Monetary or InflationTargeting?," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 43, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Dieter Gerdesmeier & Hans-Eggert Reimers & Barbara Roffia, 2016. "Asset Prices and Consumer Prices: Exploring the Linkages," Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik), Duncker & Humblot GmbH, Berlin, vol. 62(3), pages 169-186.
- Wai-Ching Poon, 2010. "A monetary policy rule: The augmented Monetary Conditions Index for Philippines using UECM and bounds tests," Monash Economics Working Papers 04-10, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Goodhart, Charles A. E. & Hofmann, Boris, 2003.
"FCIs and economic activity: Some international evidence,"
ZEI Working Papers
B 14-2003, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Charles Goodhart & Boris Hofmann, 2003. "FCIs and Economic Activity :Some International Evidence," FMG Special Papers sp151, Financial Markets Group.
- Alfred Guender, 2005. "On Optimal Monetary Policy Rules and the Construction of MCIs in the Open Economy," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 189-207, April.
More about this item
Keywordsmonetary conditions; exchange rates; interest rates; monetary policy; macroeconometric model;
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- E4 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:23534. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .