Marginal revenue product and salaries: Moneyball redux
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth H. Brown & Lisa K. Jepsen, 2009. "The Impact of Team Revenues on MLB Salaries," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 10(2), pages 192-203, April.
- Krautmann, Anthony C, 1999. "What's Wrong with Scully-Estimates of a Player's Marginal Revenue Product," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(2), pages 369-381, April.
- Scully, Gerald W, 1974. "Pay and Performance in Major League Baseball," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 915-930, December.
- Michael A. Leeds & Sandra Kowalewski, 2001. "Winner Take All in the NFL," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(3), pages 244-256, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wly:mgtdec:v:38:y:2017:i:5:p:676-688 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roger D. Blair & Brad R. Humphreys & Hyunwoong Pyun, 2017.
"Monopsony Exploitation in Professional Sport: Evidence from Major League Baseball Position Players, 2000–2011,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 38(5), pages 676-688, July.
- Brad R. Humphreys & Hyunwoong Pyun, 2015. "Monoposony Exploitation in Professional Sport: Evidence from Major League Baseball Position Players, 2000-2011," Working Papers 15-48, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
More about this item
Keywordsnet marginal revenue product; free agents; baseball;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21410. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .