To estimate an equation explaining the determinants of Dowry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dalmia, Sonia, 2004. "A hedonic analysis of marriage transactions in India: estimating determinants of dowries and demand for groom characteristics in marriage," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 235-255, September.
- Siwan Anderson, 2003. "Why Dowry Payments Declined with Modernization in Europe but Are Rising in India," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(2), pages 269-310, April.
- Anderson, K.S., 2000. "The Economics of Dowry Payments in Pakistan," Discussion Paper 2000-82, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Afzal, Sarwat, 2009. "To Estimate An Equation Explaining The Determinants Of Dowry," MPRA Paper 16046, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:15:y:2007:i:12:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Soumyanetra Munshi, 2017. "¡®Arranged¡¯ Marriage, Education, and Dowry: A Contract-theoretic Perspective," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 42(1), pages 35-71, March.
- Trevon D. Logan & Raj Arunachalam, 2014. "Is There Dowry Inflation in South Asia?," Historical Methods: A Journal of Quantitative and Interdisciplinary History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(2), pages 81-94, June.
- Jacob, Arun, 2016. "Gender Bias in Educational Attainment in India : The Role of Dowry Payments," MPRA Paper 76338, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Momoe Makino, 2021. "Female labour force participation and dowries in Pakistan," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(3), pages 569-593, April.
- Momoe Makino, 2019.
"Marriage, dowry, and women’s status in rural Punjab, Pakistan,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 32(3), pages 769-797, July.
- Makino, Momoe, 2015. "Marriage, dowry, and women's status in rural Punjab, Pakistan," IDE Discussion Papers 534, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Raj Arunachalam & Trevon Logan, 2016.
"On the heterogeneity of dowry motives,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 29(1), pages 135-166, January.
- Jeremy Bertomeu & Hamid Beladi, 2007. "Mediator learning and dowry determination in an arranged marriage setting," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 15(12), pages 1-10.
- Soumyanetra Munshi, 2014.
"'Arranged' Marriage, Education, and Dowry: A Contract-Theoretic Perspective,"
- Soumyanetra Munshi, 2014. "Arranged marriage, education and dowry: A Contract-theoretic perspective," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2014-006, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Amitrajeet Batabyal, 2005. "A game model of dowry determination in an arranged marriage context," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 10(3), pages 1-8.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:10:y:2005:i:3:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Soumyanetra Munshi, 2012. "Education and Dowry: An Economic Exploration," IIM Kozhikode Society & Management Review, , vol. 1(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet & Beladi, Hamid, 2007. "Mediator learning and dowry determination in an arranged marriage setting," MPRA Paper 71982, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maitra Sudeshna, 2018. "Population dynamics and marriage payments: an analysis of the long run equilibrium in India," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 18(2), pages 1-26, June.
- Maristella Botticini & Aloysius Siow, 2003.
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1385-1398, September.
- Maristella Botticini & Aloysius Siow, 1999. "Why Dowries?," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 95, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Maristella Botticini & Aloysius Siow, 2000. "Why Dowries?," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0200, Econometric Society.
- Astrid Sneyers & Anneleen Vandeplas, 2013.
"Girl Power in Agricultural Production: How Much Does it Yield? A Case-Study on the Dairy Sector in India,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
34113, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Astrid Sneyers & Anneleen Vandeplas, 2013. "Girl Power in Agricultural Production: How Much Does it Yield? A Case-Study on the Dairy Sector in India," Working Papers id:5562, eSocialSciences.
- Smriti Rao & Kade Finnoff, 2015. "Marriage Migration and Inequality in India, 1983–2008," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 41(3), pages 485-505, September.
- Levine, David & Kevane, Michael, 2003. "Are Investments in Daughters Lower when Daughters Move Away? Evidence from Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1065-1084, June.
- Bhaskar, Venkataraman, 2015. "The Demographic Transition and the Position of Women: A Marriage Market Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 10619, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matthew J. Baker & Joyce P. Jacobsen, 2007.
"A Human Capital-Based Theory of Postmarital Residence Rules,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(1), pages 208-241, April.
- Matthew J. Baker & Joyce P. Jacobsen, 2003. "A Human Capital-Based Theory of Post-Marital Residence Rules," Departmental Working Papers 2, United States Naval Academy Department of Economics.
- Matthew J. Baker & Joyce P. Jacobsen, 2005. "A Human Capital-Based Theory of Post Marital Residence Rules," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2005-006, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Jaikumar, Saravana & Singh, Ramendra & Sarin, Ankur, 2018. "‘I show off, so I am well off’: Subjective economic well-being and conspicuous consumption in an emerging economy," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 386-393.
More about this item
KeywordsDowry; Household; Jahez; Marriage;
All these keywords.
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21365. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.