Política tributaria y economía fiscal La posición Hayek (1959, 1979) con comentarios de Brenann/Buchanan (1980)
[Fiscal tax policy and economy]
This article describes the argumentative structure of Hayek on the relationship between tax policy and redistribution. It is observed throughout its work giving special attention to two of his works: The Constitution of Liberty (1959) and Law, Legislation and Liberty, Vol. 3, The Political Order of Free People af University of Chicago Press, Chicago, (1979) Hayek describes one of the most complete allegations on the SFP progressive tax system (progressive tax). According to the author the history of the tax system works against such a tax model. The author displays a variety of arguments on the ground preferred by his critics of liberal democracy
|Date of creation:||17 Jan 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Douglas G. Steigerwald & Charles Stuart, 1997. "Econometric Estimation Of Foresight: Tax Policy And Investment In The United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(1), pages 32-40, February.
- Nicolas Dromel & Patrick-Antoine Pintus, 2008. "Are Progressive Income Taxes Stabilizing?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00640857, HAL.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Matthew Weinzierl, 2009.
"The Optimal Taxation of Height: A Case Study of Utilitarian Income Redistribution,"
NBER Working Papers
14976, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Matthew Weinzierl, 2010. "The Optimal Taxation of Height: A Case Study of Utilitarian Income Redistribution," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 155-76, February.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Matthew C. Weinzierl, 2009. "The Optimal Taxation of Height: A Case Study of Utilitarian Income Redistribution," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-139, Harvard Business School.
- Damjanovic, Tatiana & Ulph, David, 2010.
"Tax progressivity, income distribution and tax non-compliance,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 594-607, May.
- Tatiana Damjanovic & David Ulph, 2009. "Tax Progressivity, Income Distribution and Tax Non-Compliance," Working Papers 0928, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Tatiana Damjanovic & David Ulph, 2007. "Tax Progressivity, Income Distribution and Tax Non-Compliance," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 200712, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
- Keen, Michael & Papapanagos, Harry & Shorrocks, Anthony, 2000. "Tax Reform and Progressivity," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(460), pages 50-68, January.
- G. R. Steele, 2008. "Friedrich Hayek: The Complete Economist," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(2), pages 67-69, 06.
- Burnside, Craig & Eichenbaum, Martin & Fisher, Jonas D. M., 2004.
"Fiscal shocks and their consequences,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 89-117, March.
- Lombardo, Giovanni & Sutherland, Alan, 2004.
"Monetary and fiscal interactions in open economies,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 319-347, June.
- Lombardo, Giovanni & Sutherland, Alan, 2003. "Monetary and fiscal interactions in open economies," Working Paper Series 0289, European Central Bank.
- Domenicantonio Fausto, 2008. "The Italian theories of progressive taxation," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 293-315.
- Nicolas L. Dromel & Patrick A. Pintus, 2008. "Are Progressive Income Taxes Stabilizing?," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 10(3), pages 329-349, 06.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:20094. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.