Interpreting the Early Stages of the Self-service Revolution in Europe: the Modernization of Food Retailing in Spain, 1947-1972
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gareth Shaw & Andrew Alexander, 2008. "British co-operative societies as retail innovators: Interpreting the early stages of the self-service revolution," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(2), pages 251-252.
- Encarnación, José Antonio Miranda, 2004. "La Comisión Nacional de Productividad Industrial y la «americanización» de la industria del calzado en España," Revista de Historia Económica, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 637-668, December.
- Gareth Shaw & Andrew Alexander, 2008. "British co-operative societies as retail innovators: Interpreting the early stages of the self-service revolution," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(1), pages 62-78.
- Andrew Alexander, 2008. "Format development and retail change: supermarket retailing and the London Co-operative Society," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(4), pages 489-508.
More about this item
KeywordsFood trade; Americanization; mass consumption; retailing revolution; business strategies; self-service; Spain; United Kingdom; Europe;
- N8 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- N84 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - Europe: 1913-
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2009-10-31 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MKT-2009-10-31 (Marketing)
- NEP-SBM-2009-10-31 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:18164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .