Estimates of the level and growth effects of human capital in India
In the extended Solow growth model of Mankiw, Romer and Weil (1992) human capital has only permanent level and no growth effects. In the endogenous growth models human capital is a growth improving variable. Human capital may have both a permanent level and a permanent growth effect. We show, with data from India, that both the level and growth effects of human capital can be estimated with an extension to the Solow model.
|Date of creation:||24 Sep 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1990. "Why Doesn't Capital Flow from Rich to Poor Countries?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 92-96, May.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Rao, Gyaneshwar, 2008.
"Cointegration and the demand for gasoline,"
11396, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- B. Bhaskara Rao & Rup Singh & Saten Kumar, 2010.
"Do we need time series econometrics?,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(7), pages 695-697.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Singh, Rup & Kumar, Saten, 2008. "Do we need time series econometrics?," MPRA Paper 6627, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Singh, Rup & Kumar, Saten, 2008. "Do we need time series econometrics," MPRA Paper 10530, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Sep 2008.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 407-437.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17480. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.