[EU Currency Union and Disciplines for Financial・Moneatry Policies]
This paper takes an overview over the historical paths toward the Economic and Currency Union launched in EU in the post-WWII era. Namely, it covers Snakes, European Monetary System, and establishment of the Economic and Currency Union. Moreover, the paper analyzes the uniform monetary policy implemented in Euro Area by reviewing the growing tentions among mamber states (which had been revealed particularly when the global financial crisis erupted in late 2007), as well as the factors contributing to the difficulty in implementing a uniform monetary policy. Third, this paper focuses on the disciplinary process of the fiscal policy (set under the Maastricht Treaty and Stablity and Growth Pact). In particular, the theoretical rationals for introducing the region-wide fiscal disciplins, as well as actual peformance of mamber states will be covered.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/1482 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Francesco Saraceno, 2007.
"Fiscal Discipline as a Social Norm: The European Stability Pact,"
Documents de Travail de l'OFCE
2007-22, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Francesco Saraceno, 2008. "Fiscal Discipline as a Social Norm: The European Stability Pact," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 10(6), pages 1143-1168, December.
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Francesco Saraceno, 2007. "Fiscal discipline as a social norm : the European Stability Pact," Sciences Po publications n°2007-22, Sciences Po.
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Francesco Saraceno, 2008. "Fiscal Discipline as a Social Norm: The European Stability Pact," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/9909, Sciences Po.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:15713. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.