Iowa’s Tax Incentive Programs Used by Biofuel Producers Tax Credits Program Evaluation Study
Executive Summary: Iowa offers several tax incentive programs that have been utilized by biofuel producers. The tax credit programs include the Enterprise Zone Program (EZ), the New Jobs and Income Program (NJIP), the New Capital Investment Program (NCIP), and the High Quality Job Creation Program (HQJCP). The NJIP and NCIP were replaced by HQJCP on July 1, 2005, but claims under NJIP and NCIP contracts can still be made. The EZ, NJIP, and HQJCP allow biofuel producers to claim a ten percent Investment Tax Credit. The NCIP provides a five percent Investment Tax Credit. All four programs offer a sales and use tax refund and a supplemental Research Activities Tax Credit. The EZ and NJIP also provide a supplemental Iowa Industrial New Job Training Program (260E) withholding tax credit. All four programs were not established specifically to support the biofuel industry but rather to help the State of Iowa promote general business investments. The major findings of the study are:...
|Date of creation:||31 Mar 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simla Tokgoz & Amani Elobeid & Jacinto F. Fabiosa & Dermot J. Hayes & Bruce A. Babcock & Tun-Hsiang (Edward) Yu & Fengxia Dong & Chad E. Hart & John C. Beghin, 2007.
"Emerging Biofuels: Outlook of Effects on U.S. Grain, Oilseed, and Livestock Markets,"
Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications
07-sr101, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Simla Tokgoz & Amani Elobeid & Jacinto F. Fabiosa & Dermot J. Hayes & Bruce A. Babcock & Tun-Hsiang (Edward) Yu & Fengxia Dong & Chad E. Hart & John C. Beghin, 2007. "Emerging Biofuels: Outlook of Effects on U.S. Grain, Oilseed, and Livestock Markets," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 07-sr101, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Gilchrist, S. & Himmelberg, C.P., 1995.
"Evidence on the Role of Cash Flow for Investment,"
95-29, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Simon Gilchrist & Charles P. Himmelberg, 1993. "Evidence on the role of cash flow for investment," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-7, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Simon Gilchrist & Charles P. Himmelberg, 1995. "Evidence on the Role of Cash Flow for Investment," Working Papers 95-01, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Falk, Barry L., 1991. "Formally Testing the Present Value Model of Farmland Prices," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11093, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Swenson, David A. & Eathington, Liesl, 2006. "Determining the Regional Economic Values of Ethanol Production in Iowa Considering Different Levels of Local Investment," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12687, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lihong Lu McPhail & Bruce A. Babcock, 2008. "Short-Run Price and Welfare Impacts of Federal Ethanol Policies," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 08-wp468, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Thomas Philippon, 2006.
"The Bond Market's q,"
NBER Working Papers
12462, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sarah A. Low & Andrew M. Isserman, 2009. "Ethanol and the Local Economy," Economic Development Quarterly, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, vol. 23(1), pages 71-88, February.
- Oliner, Stephen & Rudebusch, Glenn & Sichel, Daniel, 1995. "New and Old Models of Business Investment: A Comparison of Forecasting Performance," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(3), pages 806-26, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:14795. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.