Iowa’s Tax Incentive Programs Used by Biofuel Producers Tax Credits Program Evaluation Study
Executive Summary: Iowa offers several tax incentive programs that have been utilized by biofuel producers. The tax credit programs include the Enterprise Zone Program (EZ), the New Jobs and Income Program (NJIP), the New Capital Investment Program (NCIP), and the High Quality Job Creation Program (HQJCP). The NJIP and NCIP were replaced by HQJCP on July 1, 2005, but claims under NJIP and NCIP contracts can still be made. The EZ, NJIP, and HQJCP allow biofuel producers to claim a ten percent Investment Tax Credit. The NCIP provides a five percent Investment Tax Credit. All four programs offer a sales and use tax refund and a supplemental Research Activities Tax Credit. The EZ and NJIP also provide a supplemental Iowa Industrial New Job Training Program (260E) withholding tax credit. All four programs were not established specifically to support the biofuel industry but rather to help the State of Iowa promote general business investments. The major findings of the study are:...
|Date of creation:||31 Mar 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simla Tokgoz & Amani Elobeid & Jacinto F. Fabiosa & Dermot J. Hayes & Bruce A. Babcock & Tun-Hsiang (Edward) Yu & Fengxia Dong & Chad E. Hart & John C. Beghin, 2007.
"Emerging Biofuels: Outlook of Effects on U.S. Grain, Oilseed, and Livestock Markets,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
07-sr101, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Simla Tokgoz & Amani Elobeid & Jacinto F. Fabiosa & Dermot J. Hayes & Bruce A. Babcock & Tun-Hsiang (Edward) Yu & Fengxia Dong & Chad E. Hart & John C. Beghin, 2007. "Emerging Biofuels: Outlook of Effects on U.S. Grain, Oilseed, and Livestock Markets," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 07-sr101, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Falk, Barry L., 1991. "Formally Testing the Present Value Model of Farmland Prices," Staff General Research Papers 11093, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Stephen Oliner & Glenn Rudebusch & Daniel Sichel, 1993.
"New and old models of business investment: a comparison of forecasting performance,"
Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section
141, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Oliner, Stephen & Rudebusch, Glenn & Sichel, Daniel, 1995. "New and Old Models of Business Investment: A Comparison of Forecasting Performance," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(3), pages 806-26, August.
- Swenson, David A. & Eathington, Liesl, 2006. "Determining the Regional Economic Values of Ethanol Production in Iowa Considering Different Levels of Local Investment," Staff General Research Papers 12687, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Simon Gilchrist & Charles P. Himmelberg, 1995.
"Evidence on the Role of Cash Flow for Investment,"
95-01, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Gilchrist, S. & Himmelberg, C.P., 1995. "Evidence on the Role of Cash Flow for Investment," Papers 95-29, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Simon Gilchrist & Charles P. Himmelberg, 1993. "Evidence on the role of cash flow for investment," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-7, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Sarah A. Low & Andrew M. Isserman, 2009. "Ethanol and the Local Economy," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 23(1), pages 71-88, February.
- Thomas Philippon, 2006. "The Bond Market's q," NBER Working Papers 12462, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lihong Lu McPhail & Bruce A. Babcock, 2008. "Short-Run Price and Welfare Impacts of Federal Ethanol Policies," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 08-wp468, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:14795. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.