[IMF Financing Systems-Based on the Cases of Iceland, Ukraine, Latvia, and Hungary]
This paper analyzes mainly three issues regarding IMF functions: (1) IMF Financilg systems, (2) Changes in IMF conditionality since the East Asian crisis of 1997-98 and in the midst of the recent global financial crisis, and (3) IMF lending ability. In particular, this paper describes how the conditionality has been adjusted in reponse to strong criticim by the international community made after the East Asian crisis. Also, a detailed comparison is made between the East Asian crisis and the current crises in Iceland, Ukraine, Lativia and Hungary, with respect to IMf-supported problems and conditionality.
|Date of creation:||02 Mar 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baig, Taimur & Goldfajn, Ilan, 2002.
"Monetary Policy in the Aftermath of Currency Crises: The Case of Asia,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 92-112, February.
- Taimur Baig & Ilan Goldfajn, 1998. "Monetary Policy in the Aftermath of Currency Crisis; The Case of Asia," IMF Working Papers 98/170, International Monetary Fund.
- Ilan Goldfajn & Taimur Baig, 1999. "Monetary policy in the aftermath of currency crisis: the case of Asia," Textos para discussão 399, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Miguel de las Casas & Xavier Serra, 2008. "Simplification of IMF lending. Why not just one flexible credit facility?," Banco de Espa�a Occasional Papers 0806, Banco de Espa�a.
- Robert Dekle & Cheng Hsiao & Siyan Wang, 1999. "Interest rate stabilization of exchange rates and contagion in the Asian crisis countries," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sep.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:14723. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.