On the predictive power of monetary exchange rate model: the case of the Malaysian ringgit/US dollar rate
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Menzie David Chinn, 1999. "Measuring Misalignment: Purchasing Power Parity and East Asian Currencies in the 1990s," IMF Working Papers 1999/120, International Monetary Fund.
- Mr. Taimur Baig & Mr. Ilan Goldfajn, 1998. "Monetary Policy in the Aftermath of Currency Crises: The Case of Asia," IMF Working Papers 1998/170, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hoda SELIM, 2010.
"Has Egypt's Monetary Policy Changed after the Float?,"
- Hoda Selim, 2010. "Has Egypt’s Monetary Policy Changed after The Float?," Working Papers 543, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2010.
- Venus Khim-Sen Liew & Ahmad Zubaidi Baharumshah & Chin-Hong Puah, 2009.
"Monetary Model of Exchange Rate for Thailand: Long-run Relationship and Monetary Restrictions,"
Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 385-395.
- Liew, Venus Khim-Sen & Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Puah, Chin-Hong, 2009. "Monetary Model of Exchange Rate for Thailand: Long-run Relationship and Monetary Restrictions," MPRA Paper 17715, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lee, Chin & Law, Chee-Hong, 2013. "The Effects of Trade Openness on Malaysian Exchange Rate," MPRA Paper 45185, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Alibey Kudar, 2021. "Interest rate as the last link of chain during crisis," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(2), pages 3189-3203, April.
- Saang Joon Baak, 2015. "Is the Yen Undervalued?," Discussion papers 1503, ERINA - Economic Research Institute for Northeast Asia.
- Baak, SaangJoon, 2012. "Measuring misalignments in the Korean exchange rate," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 227-234.
- Aghion, Philippe & Bacchetta, Philippe & Banerjee, Abhijit, 2004.
"A corporate balance-sheet approach to currency crises,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 6-30, November.
- Philippe Aghion & Philippe Bacchetta & Abhijit Banerjee, 2001. "A corporate Balance-Sheet Approach to Currency Crises," Working Papers 01.05, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Aghion, Philippe & Bacchetta, Philippe & Banerjee, Abhijit, 2001. "A Corporate Balance Sheet Approach to Currency Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 3092, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philippe Aghion & Philippe Bacchetta & Abhijit Banerjee, 2001. "A Corporate Balance-Sheet Approach to Currency Crises," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'économie 01.14, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, Département d’économie.
- Ramkishen S. Rajan & Makarand Parulkar, 2008.
"Real Sector Shocks and Monetary Policy Responses in a Financially Vulnerable Emerging Economy,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 21-33, May.
- Ramkishen S. Rajan & Makarand Parulkar, 2006. "Real Sector Shocks and Monetary Policy Responses in a in a financially vulnerable Emerging Economy," Working Papers id:354, eSocialSciences.
- Inci Gumus, 2002. "Effects of the Interest Rate Defense on Exchange Rates During the 1994 Crisis in Turkey," Working Papers 0214, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Sophie B鲥au & Antonia López Villavicencio & Val鲩e Mignon, 2012.
"Currency misalignments and growth: a new look using nonlinear panel data methods,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(27), pages 3503-3511, September.
- Sophie Béreau & Antonia Lopez Villavicencio & Valérie Mignon, 2009. "Currency Misalignments and Growth: a New Look Using Nonlinear Panel Data Methods," Working Papers 2009-17, CEPII research center.
- Sophie Bereau & Antonia Lopez-Villavicencio & Valerie Mignon, 2012. "Currency Misalignments and Growth: A New Look using Nonlinear Panel Data Methods," Post-Print hal-00709558, HAL.
- Cho, Dongchul, 2003. "Monetary Policy During and After the Crisis in Korea," KDI Policy Studies 2003-01, Korea Development Institute (KDI).
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Cipollini, Andrea & Demetriades, Panicos O., 2005.
"Monetary policy and the exchange rate during the Asian crisis: identification through heteroscedasticity,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 39-53, February.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Andrea Cipollini & Panicos Demetriades, 2000. "Monetary Policy and the Exchange Rate During the Asian Crisis Identification Through Heteroscedasticity," Discussion Papers in Economics 00/11, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester, revised Feb 2002.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Andrea Cipollini & Panicos Demetriades, 2003. "Monetary Policy and the Exchange Rate During the Asian Crisis: Identification Through Heteroscedasticity," CEIS Research Paper 23, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Damyana Bakardzhieva & Russell Krueger & Bassem Kamar & Jean-Etienne Carlotti, 2011. "Essay on Establishing Conversion Values for the Planned Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Currency Union," Working Papers 632, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2011.
- Blaise Gnimassoun & Valérie Mignon, 2015.
"Persistence of Current-account Disequilibria and Real Exchange-rate Misalignments,"
Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 137-159, February.
- Blaise Gnimassoun & Valérie Mignon, 2015. "Persistence of current-account disequilibria and real exchange-rate misalignments," Post-Print hal-01385952, HAL.
- Kim, Jung-Kwan & Ratti, Ronald A., 2006. "Economic activity, foreign exchange rate, and the interest rate during the Asian crisis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 387-402, May.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Goderis, B., 2002.
"Financial crises, monetary policy and financial fragility : A second-generation model of currency crises,"
Other publications TiSEM
d2ccad44-44f6-40d8-9be0-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Eijffinger, Sylvester C W & Goderis, Benedikt, 2002. "Financial Crises, Monetary Policy and Financial Fragility; A Second-Generation Model of Currency Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 3637, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wai Ching Poon, 2010. "Testing Transmission Mechanisms on Economic Growth in Malaysia," Monash Economics Working Papers 26-10, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Antonio Fiorencio & Ajax R. B. Moreira, 2015. "Latent Indexation and Exchange Rate Passthrough," Discussion Papers 0083, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Saang Joon Baak, 2015. "Is the Yen Undervalued?," Discussion papers 1503e, ERINA - Economic Research Institute for Northeast Asia.
- Piersanti, Giovanni, 2012. "The Macroeconomic Theory of Exchange Rate Crises," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199653126.
- Lee, Ki Seong & Yoon, Seok, 2007. "Interrelationships and volatility of the financial asset prices under capital flows: The case of Korea," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 386-397, May.
- Gochoco-Bautista, Maria Socorro & Bautista, Carlos C., 2005. "Monetary policy and exchange market pressure: The case of the Philippines," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 153-168, March.
- Saang Joon Baak, 2011. "Measuring Misalignments in the Korean Exchange Rate (ROK Economic System Series No.19)," Discussion papers 1102e, ERINA - Economic Research Institute for Northeast Asia.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:41:y:2009:i:14:p:1761-1770. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.