The Nominal Exchange Rate Implication of VAT Harmonization in EEC
This paper examines, in a one-good two-country Cournot competition model, the implication of European VAT reform on the nominal exchange rate parities which will be pegged in the third stage of monetary union. As result of the reform, the deutchmark needs to be reevaluated so as to prevent generating systematic external disequilibrium of some other European countries, which is inconsistent with pegging nominal exchange parities of European currencies.
|Date of creation:||Sep 1995|
|Date of revision:||Jun 1996|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dai, Meixing, 1995. "Reexamination of the Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) under Cournot Competition," MPRA Paper 13906, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 1995.
- Brander, James A., 1981.
"Intra-industry trade in identical commodities,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Fender, J. & Yip, C.K., 1992.
"Open Economy Macroeconomics Under Imperfect Cmpetition: A Two Country Model,"
92-18, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Fender, John & Yip, Chong K., 1994. "Open economy macroeconomics under imperfect competition A two-country model," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1-2), pages 49-63, August.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & DOS SANTOS FERREIRA, Rodolphe & GERARD-VARET, Louis-André, "undated".
"Unemployment in an extended Cournot oligopoly model,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
843, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Dos Santos Ferreira, Rodolphe & Gerard-Varet, Louis-Andre, 1989. "Unemployment in an Extended Cournot Oligopoly Model," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(3), pages 490-505, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:13860. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.