Industrial energy from water-mills in the European economy, 5th to 18th Centuries: the limitations of power
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Langdon, 1991. "Water-mills and windmills in the west midlands, 1086-1500," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 44(3), pages 424-444, August.
- John H. Munro, 1998. "The 'Industrial Crisis' of the English Textile Towns, c.1290 - c.1330," Working Papers munro-98-02, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Thomas, Brinley, 1986. "Was there an energy crisis in Great Britain in the 17th century?," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 124-152, April.
- Patrick Chorley, 1987. "The cloth exports of Flanders and northern France during the thirteenth century: a luxury trade?," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 40(3), pages 349-379, August.
- Munro, John H., 1998. "The symbiosis of towns and textiles: urban institutions and the changing fortunes of cloth manufacturing in the Low Countries and England, 1270 - 1570," MPRA Paper 11266, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 1998.
- J. N. Bartlett, 1959. "The Expansion And Decline Of York In The Later Middle Ages," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 12(1), pages 17-33, August.
- John H. Munro, 1999.
"The Low Countries' Export Trade in Textiles with the Mediterranean Basin, 1200-1600: A Cost-Benefit Analysis of Comparative Advantages in Overland and Maritime Trade Routes,"
munro-99-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Munro, John H., 1999. "The Low Countries’ export trade in textiles with the Mediterranean basin, 1200-1600: a cost-benefit analysis of comparative advantages in overland and maritime trade routes," MPRA Paper 10924, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 1999.
- Kowaleski,Maryanne, 1995. "Local Markets and Regional Trade in Medieval Exeter," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521333719.
- Munro, John H., 1988. "Deflation and the petty coinage problem in the late-medieval economy: The case of Flanders, 1334-1484," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 387-423, October.
- Munro, John H., 2000. "The 'New Institutional Economics' and the Changing Fortunes of Fairs in Medieval and Early Modern Europe: the Textile Trades, Warfare, and Transaction Costs," MPRA Paper 11029, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2001.
- N/A, 1967. "Appendix," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 41(1), pages 47-48, August.
- N/A, 1967. "Appendix," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 41(1), pages 36-40, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jens Kaalhauge Nielsen, 2010. "The flower that didn't bloom: why did the industrial revolution happen in Europe and not in China?," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 23-44.
- Ioannis N. Kessides & David C. Wade, 2011. "Deriving an Improved Dynamic EROI to Provide Better Information for Energy Planners," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(12), pages 1-19, December.
More about this item
Keywordstechnology; energy; hydraulic power; water-power; water-mills; fulling mills; textiles; cottons; woollens; silks; mining; metallurgy; blast furnaces; forges; iron; silver; copper; Roman Empire; medieval Europe; Italy; Flanders; England; Industrial Revolution;
- N63 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- N53 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- O52 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11027. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.