Money, prices, wages, and ‘profit inflation’ in Spain, the Southern Netherlands, and England during the Price Revolution era, ca. 1520 - ca. 1650
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- John H. Munro, 2008. "Money, Prices, Wages, and 'Profit Inflation' in Spain, the Southern Netherlands, and England during the Price Revolution era: c. 1520 - c. 1650," Working Papers tecipa-320, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bordo, Michael D., 1986.
"Explorations in monetary history: A survey of the literature,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 339-415, October.
- Michael D. Bordo, 1986. "Explorations in Monetary History: A Survey of the Literature," NBER Working Papers 1821, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- William VanLear, 2015. "Copernicus and the Quantity Theory of Money," HISTORY OF ECONOMIC THOUGHT AND POLICY, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(2), pages 5-20.
- John H. Munro, 2012. "The Technology and Economics of Coinage Debasements in Medieval and Early Modern Europe: with special reference to the Low Countries and England," Working Papers tecipa-456, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsgold and silver bullion; money; coinage; Price Revolution; prices; consumer price indices; nominal and real wages; building craftsmen; masons; industrial products; profit-inflation; deflation; Spain; France; England; Netherlands;
- O42 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Monetary Growth Models
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- N14 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: 1913-
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- N33 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- B20 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - General
- O52 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2008-10-07 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MAC-2008-10-07 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:10849. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .