The Multipliers and Key Sectors of Entrepreneurship Spillover: An input-output approach
The Entrepreneurship Spillover evaluates the systemic effect of creating enterprises in different sectors and industries from a new firm created in a given sector. One way to estimate these Entrepreneurship Spillovers is doing an adaptation of the methodology applied by Dietzenbacher, (2002); Dietzenbacher and Los, (2002a,b) Diezenbacher and Volkerink (1998) that they used to determinate the Knowledge Spillover through R&D multipliers. In this regard, the objectives of this paper are: (a) to develop a methodology that allows calculating the concept of entrepreneurship spillover; (b) to identify the key sectors of entrepreneurship; and (c) to determinate the multipliers of business creation. With these aims, the methodological design is based on an adaptation of the model of input-output matrix (Leontief, 1936; Dietzenbacher and Los, 2002 a y b).
|Date of creation:||14 Jun 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zoltan J. Acs & David B. Audretsch & Pontus Braunerhjelm & Bo Carlsson, 2005.
"The Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship,"
Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy
2005-27, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Zoltan Acs & Pontus Braunerhjelm & David Audretsch & Bo Carlsson, 2009. "The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 15-30, January.
- Zoltan Acs & David Audretsch & Erik Lehmann, 2013. "The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 757-774, December.
- Acs, Zoltan & Audrestch, David & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Carlsson, Bo, 2007. "The Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 77, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Acs, Zoltán J & Audretsch, David B & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Carlsson, Bo, 2005. "The Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship," CEPR Discussion Papers 5326, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Erik Dietzenbacher, 2002. "Interregional Multipliers: Looking Backward, Looking Forward," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 125-136.
- Erik Dietzenbacher & Bart Los, 2002. "Externalities of R&D Expenditures," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 407-425.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:10733. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.