International trade and economic development: Can foreign direct investment be predicted?
It would appear obvious that not all countries and industries are equally good business recruitment targets for the state’s economic development efforts. However, partly due to data limitations, little detailed research has been done to clarify how a state might direct its recruitment strategies to those industries and countries more likely to be seeking foreign direct investment (FDI) opportunities within the United States. This paper is a move toward rectifying this deficiency.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert E. Lipsey & Guy V.G. Stevens, 1988.
"Interactions between Domestic and Foreign Investment,"
NBER Working Papers
2714, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stevens, Guy V. G. & Lipsey, Robert E., 1992. "Interactions between domestic and foreign investment," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 40-62, February.
- Guy V. G. Stevens & Robert E. Lipsey, 1988. "Interactions between domestic and foreign investment," International Finance Discussion Papers 329, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Coughlin, Cletus C & Terza, Joseph V & Arromdee, Vachira, 1991. "State Characteristics and the Location of Foreign Direct Investment within the United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 675-83, November.
- Kogut, Bruce & Chang, Sea Jin, 1996. "Platform Investments and Volatility Exchange Rates: Direct Investment in the U.S. by Japanese Electronic Companies," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 221-31, May.
- Kogut, Bruce & Chang, Sea Jin, 1991. "Technological Capabilities and Japanese Foreign Direct Investment in the United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 401-13, August.
- Catherine Co, 2000. "R & D, Foreign Direct Investment and Technology Sourcing?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 16(4), pages 385-397, June.
- Pugel, Thomas A & Kragas, Erik S & Kimura, Yui, 1996. "Further Evidence on Japanese Direct Investment in U.S. Manufacturing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 208-13, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:10510. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.