Households and entrepreneurship in England and Wales, 1851-1911
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Quentin Outram, 2017. "The demand for residential domestic service in the London of 1901," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 70(3), pages 893-918, August.
- Robert J. Bennett, 2016. "Interpreting business partnerships in late Victorian Britain," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 69(4), pages 1199-1227, November.
- Burnette,Joyce, 2008. "Gender, Work and Wages in Industrial Revolution Britain," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521880633, August.
- Bennett, Robert & Montebruno, Piero & Smith, Harry & van Lieshout, Carry, 2018. "Reconstructing entrepreneur and business numbers for censuses 1851-81. Working paper 9," MPRA Paper 103529, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barker, Hannah, 2017. "Family and Business during the Industrial Revolution," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198786023.
- A. Owens, 2002. "Inheritance and the Life-Cycle of Family Firms in the Early Industrial Revolution," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 21-46.
- van Lieshout, Carry & Smith, Harry & Montebruno, Piero & Bennett, Robert, 2019. "Female entrepreneurship: business, marriage and motherhood in England and Wales, 1851–1911," MPRA Paper 101452, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Les Hannah, 2014. "Corporations in the US and Europe 1790-1860," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 56(6), pages 865-899, September.
- Nicholas, Tom, 1999. "Clogs to Clogs in Three Generations? Explaining Entrepreneurial Performance in Britain Since 1850," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 59(3), pages 688-713, September.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; household; census; England and Wales; economic history;
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- N83 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - Europe: Pre-1913
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2020-09-14 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LAB-2020-09-14 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SBM-2020-09-14 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:102647. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.