Financial Reform and Development in the Philippines, 1980-1997: Imperatives, Performance and Challenges
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Llanto, Gilberto M. & Intal, Ponciano Jr. S., 1998. "Financial Reform and Development in the Philippines, 1980-1997: Imperatives, Performance and Challenges," Philippine Journal of Development JPD 1998 Vol. XXV No. 1-a, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1989. "Financial Markets and Development," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(4), pages 55-68, Winter.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Yap, Josef T. & Zingapan, Socorro & Untalan, Teodoro S., 1990. "Central Bank Policies and the Behavior of the Money Market," Working Papers WP 1990-24, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Polizatto, Vincent P., 1990. "Prudential regulation and banking supervision : building an institutional framework for Banks," Policy Research Working Paper Series 340, The World Bank.
- Caprio Jr., Gerard, 1997. "Safe and sound banking in developing countries : we're not in Kansas anymore," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1739, The World Bank.
- Bernhard Fischer & Helmut Reisen, 1992. "Towards Capital Account Convertibility," OECD Development Centre Policy Briefs 4, OECD Publishing.
- Edita A. Tan, 1989. "Bank Concentration and the Structure of Interest," UP School of Economics Discussion Papers 198915, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gabriella Montinola & Ramon Moreno, 2001. "The political economy of foreign bank entry and its impact: theory and a case study," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 2001-11, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Maria Socorro Gochoco-Bautista, 2006.
"An Assessment of the Usefulness of Money for Policy in the Philippines,"
Asian Economic Papers,
MIT Press, vol. 5(1), pages 142-176, Winter.
- Maria Socorro Gochoco-Bautista, 2005. "An Assessment of the Usefulness of Money for Policy in the Philippines," UP School of Economics Discussion Papers 200508, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
- TengTeng Xu, 2012.
"The Role of Credit in International Business Cycles,"
Staff Working Papers
12-36, Bank of Canada.
- Xu, T.T., 2012. "The role of credit in international business cycles," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1202, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Rogelio Mercado Jr., 2016.
"Are Capital Inflows Expansionary or Contractionary in the Philippines?,"
Trinity Economics Papers
tep2116, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Rogelio Mercado Jr., 2017. "Are Capital Inflows Expansionary or Contractionary in the Philippines?," Working Papers wp27, South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre.
- repec:taf:rjapxx:v:14:y:2009:i:1:p:5-26 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jenny D. Balboa & Erlinda M. Medalla & Josef T. Yap, 2007. "Closer Trade and Financial Cooperation in ASEAN : Issues at the Regional and National Level with Focus on the Philippines," Trade Working Papers 21907, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial market; financial economy; financial sector; financial reform; financial liberalization; financial integration; prudential regulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:phd:dpaper:dp_1998-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pidgvph.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.