Inflation, its Volatility and the Inflation-Growth Tradeoff in India
This paper amends the New Keynesian Phillips curve model to include inflation volatility. It provides results on the determinants of inflation volatility and expected inflation volatility for OLS and ARDL(1,1) models and for change in inflation volatility and change in expected inflation volatility using ECM models. Output gap affects change in expected inflation volatility alone (in the ECM model) and not in the other models. Major determinants of inflation volatility and expected inflation volatility are identified. To the best of our knowledge this is the first paper to augment the New Keynesian Phillips Curve to include inflation volatility.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +61 2 6125 4705
Fax: +61 2 6125 5448
Web page: https://crawford.anu.edu.au/acde/asarc/Email:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hassler, Uwe & Wolters, Jürgen, 2005.
"Autoregressive distributed lag models and cointegration,"
2005/22, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Uwe Hassler & Jürgen Wolters, 2006. "Autoregressive distributed lag models and cointegration," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer, vol. 90(1), pages 59-74, March.
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & Nicholas S. Magginas, 2006.
"Inflation Forecasts and the New Keynesian Phillips Curve,"
38, Bank of Greece.
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & Nicholas S. Magginas, 2008. "Inflation Forecasts and the New Keynesian Phillips Curve," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 4(2), pages 1-22, June.
- John Duffy & Wei Xiao, 2011.
"Investment and Monetary Policy: Learning and Determinacy of Equilibrium,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43(5), pages 959-992, 08.
- John Duffy & Wei Xiao, 2007. "Investment and Monetary Policy: Learning and Determinacy of Equilibrium," Working Papers 324, University of Pittsburgh, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2008.
- Calvo, Guillermo A., 1983. "Staggered prices in a utility-maximizing framework," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 383-398, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pas:asarcc:2013-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.