Nine views of the Phillips curve: Eight authentic and one inauthentic
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Santomero, Anthony M & Seater, John J, 1978. "The Inflation-Unemployment Trade-off: A Critique of the Literature," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 16(2), pages 499-544, June.
- A. W. Phillips, 1958. "The Relation Between Unemployment and the Rate of Change of Money Wage Rates in the United Kingdom, 1861–19571," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 25(100), pages 283-299, November.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Voinea, Liviu, 2019. "The Post-Crisis Phillips Curve: A New Empirical Relationship between Wage and Inflation," GLO Discussion Paper Series 303, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Pierpaolo Benigno & Luca Antonio Ricci, 2011.
"The Inflation-Output Trade-Off with Downward Wage Rigidities,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(4), pages 1436-1466, June.
- Pierpaolo Benigno & Luca Antonio Ricci, 2010. "The Inflation-Output Trade-off with Downward Wage Rigidities," NBER Working Papers 15762, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierpaolo Benigno & Luca Antonio Ricci, 2010. "The Inflation-Output Trade-off with Downward Wage Rigidities," EIEF Working Papers Series 1020, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Apr 2010.
- William R. White, 2013. "Is Monetary Policy a Science? The Interaction of Theory and Practice over the Last 50 Years," SUERF 50th Anniversary Volume Chapters, in: Morten Balling & Ernest Gnan (ed.), 50 Years of Money and Finance: Lessons and Challenges, chapter 3, pages 73-116, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Akhand Akhtar Hossain, 2009. "Central Banking and Monetary Policy in the Asia-Pacific," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12777.
- Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2011.
"Stabilization Theory and Policy: 50 Years after the Phillips Curve,"
Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 78(309), pages 67-88, January.
- Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2008. "Stabilization Theory and Policy: 50 Years after the Phillips Curve," Working Papers UWEC-2008-09-FC, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Jagjit S. Chadha, 2009.
"Monetary Policy Analysis: An Undergraduate Toolkit,"
Palgrave Macmillan Books, in: Giuseppe Fontana & Mark Setterfield (ed.), Macroeconomic Theory and Macroeconomic Pedagogy, chapter 3, pages 55-75,
- Jagjit S. Chadha, 2008. "Monetary Policy Analysis: An Undergraduate Toolkit," Studies in Economics 0815, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- T. P. Koirala Ph.D., 2008. "Inflation Expectations in Nepal," NRB Economic Review, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department, vol. 20, pages 74-85, April.
- Athanasios Papadopoulos & Giuseppe Diana & Moise Sidiropoulos, 2005. "Central Bank Reform and Inflation Dynamics in the Transition Economies theory and some evidence," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2005 58, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Ayse Kaya & Stephen Golub & Mark Kuperberg & Feng Lin, 2019. "The Federal Reserve'S Dual Mandate And The Inflation‐Unemployment Tradeoff," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(4), pages 641-651, October.
- Homburg, Stefan, 2017. "A Study in Monetary Macroeconomics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198807537, November.
- repec:bap:eebook:02 is not listed on IDEAS
- Keshab Bhattarai, 2008.
"An empirical study of interest rate determination rules,"
Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 327-343.
- Keshab Raj Bhattarai, 2006. "An Empirical Study of Interest Rate Determination Rules," EcoMod2006 272100011, EcoMod.
- Albu, Lucian-Liviu, 2006. "Non-linear models: applications in economics," MPRA Paper 3100, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pierpaolo Benigno & Luca Antonio Ricci, 2008.
"The Inflation-Unemployment Trade-Off at Low Inflation,"
NBER Working Papers
13986, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierpaolo Benigno & Mr. Luca A Ricci, 2009. "The Inflation-Unemployment Trade-off at Low Inflation," IMF Working Papers 2009/034, International Monetary Fund.
- Ramos, Joseph, 1989. "Neo-Keynesian macroeconomics as seen from the South," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Hideyuki Kamiryo, 2014. "Earth Endogenous System: To Answer the Current Unsolved Economic Problems (Second Edition)," Earth Endogenous System: To Answer the Current Unsolved Economic Problems (Second Edition), Better Advances Press, Canada, edition 2, volume 2, number 01 edited by Dr. Yisheng Huang, June.
- Jin Cao & Lorán Chollete, 2013. "Central Banking and Financial Stability in the Long Run," CESifo Working Paper Series 4272, CESifo.
- Ian McDonald, 2009. "Behavioural macroeconomics and wage and price setting: Developing some early insights of John Maynard Keynes and Joan Robinson," CAMA Working Papers 2009-11, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Zijp, R. van, 1990. "New classical monetary business cycle theory," Serie Research Memoranda 0058, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Anzoategui Zapata, Juan Camilo, 2015. "Impacto de política monetaria: una revisión empírica 2000 – 2013 [Impact of monetary policy: an empirical review 2000 - 2013]," MPRA Paper 69349, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Dec 2014.
- Tambakis Demosthenes N., 2009.
"Optimal Monetary Policy with a Convex Phillips Curve,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-25, June.
- Tambakis, D.N., 2008. "Optimal Monetary Policy with a Convex Phillips Curve," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0859, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Roman Frydman & Edmund S. Phelps, 2013. "Which Way Forward for Macroeconomics and Policy Analysis?," Introductory Chapters, in: Roman Frydman & Edmund S. Phelps (ed.),Rethinking Expectations: The Way Forward for Macroeconomics, Princeton University Press.
More about this item
KeywordsPhillips curve; expectations; Phillips curve myth;
All these keywords.
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- B29 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2014-12-03 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2014-12-03 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxf:wpaper:724. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Anne Pouliquen The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Anne Pouliquen to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.