The Belle Epoque of International Finance. French Capital Exports, 1880-1914
Download full text from publisher
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Did inequality cause the First World War? Contra Hobson-Lenin-Milanovic
by pseudoerasmus in Pseudoerasmus on 2016-05-08 17:01:45
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rui Esteves, 2011. "The Political Economy of Global Financial Liberalisation in Historical Perspective," Oxford Economic and Social History Working Papers _089, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Chiţu, Livia & Eichengreen, Barry & Mehl, Arnaud, 2014.
"History, gravity and international finance,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 104-129.
- Mehl, Arnaud & Eichengreen, Barry & Chiţu, Livia, 2012. "History, gravity and international finance," Working Paper Series 1466, European Central Bank.
- Livia Chițu & Barry Eichengreen & Arnaud J. Mehl, 2013. "History, Gravity and International Finance," NBER Working Papers 18697, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rui Esteves & João Tovar Jalles, 2016.
"Like Father Like Sons? The Cost of Sovereign Defaults in Reduced Credit to the Private Sector,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 48(7), pages 1515-1545, October.
- Esteves, Rui & Jalles, João Tovar, 2013. "Like Father like Sons? The Cost of Sovereign Defaults In Reduced Credit to the Private Sector," CEPR Discussion Papers 9303, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard S. Grossman, 2015. "Bloody foreigners! Overseas equity on the London Stock Exchange, 1869–1929," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 68(2), pages 471-521, May.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Esteves, Rui, 2019. "The Trials of the Trilemma: International Finance 1870-2017," CEPR Discussion Papers 13465, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hauner, Thomas & Milanovic, Branko & Naidu, Suresh, 2017. "Inequality, Foreign Investment, and Imperialism," MPRA Paper 83068, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rui P. Esteves, 2011.
"The Political Economy of Global Financial Liberalisation in Historical Perspective,"
Oxford University Economic and Social History Series
_089, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Rui Esteves, 2011. "The Political Economy of Global Financial Liberalisation in Historical Perspective," Economics Series Working Papers Number 89, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsFrance; pre-1914; foreign portfolio investment;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- N23 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: Pre-1913
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2011-03-05 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-IFN-2011-03-05 (International Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxf:wpaper:534. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Pouliquen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.