Outsourcing in East Asia and its impact on the Japanese and Korean Labour Markets
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee Branstetter & C. Fritz Foley, 2010. "Facts and Fallacies about U.S. FDI in China," NBER Chapters,in: China's Growing Role in World Trade, pages 513-539 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kiyota, Kozo & Maruyama, Sawako, 2017.
"ICT, offshoring, and the demand for part-time workers: The case of Japanese manufacturing,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 75-86.
- Kozo Kiyota & Sawako Maruyama, 2016. "ICT, Offshoring, and the Demand for Part-time Workers: The Case of Japanese Manufacturing," Keio-IES Discussion Paper Series 2016-015, Institute for Economics Studies, Keio University.
- Kyoji Fukao & Tsutomu Miyagawa & Hak Kil Pyo & Keun Hee Rhee, 2012.
"Estimates of Total Factor Productivity, the Contribution of ICT, and Resource Reallocation Effects in Japan and Korea,"
Chapters,in: Industrial Productivity in Europe, chapter 9
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kyoji Fukao & Tsutomu Miyagawa & Hak K. Pyo & Keun Hee Rhee, 2011. "Estimates of Total Factor Productivity, the Contribution of ICT, and Resource Reallocation Effects in Japan and Korea," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd10-177, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Cesare Imbriani & Rosanna Pittiglio & Filippo Reganati, 2014. "Affiliates and parent employment through foreign direct investment: a study case of substitutability or complementarity," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 619-638, December.
- Sanghoon Ahn & Jong-Wha Lee, 2007. "Integration and Growth in East Asia," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 25(S1), pages 131-168, December.
- Sanghoon Ahn & Kyoji Fukao & Keiko Ito, 2008.
"The Impact of Outsourcing on the Japanese and South Korean Labor Markets: International Outsourcing of Intermediate Inputs and Assembly in East Asia,"
Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series
gd08-001, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ahn, Sanghoon & Fukao, Kyoji & Ito, Keiko, 2009. "The Impact of Outsourcing on the Japanese and South Korean Labor Markets: International Outsourcing of Intermediate Inputs and Assembly in East Asia," CEI Working Paper Series 2008-27, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Helena Schweiger & Guido Friebel, 2013. "Management Quality, Ownership, Firm Performance and Market Pressure in Russia," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 763-788, September.
- Yamashita, Nobuaki, 2008.
"The impact of production fragmentation on skill upgrading: New evidence from Japanese manufacturing,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 545-565, December.
- Nobuaki Yamashita, 2008. "The Impact of Production Fragmentation on Skill Upgrading: New Evidence from Japanese Manufacturing," Departmental Working Papers 2008-06, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- repec:ebd:wpaper:144 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lin, Songhua & Ma, Alyson C., 2012. "Outsourcing and productivity: Evidence from Korean data," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 39-49.
- Fergal McCann, 2009. "Outsourcing and Firm Productivity in Irish Manufacturing," FIW Working Paper series 021, FIW.
- Yamashita, Nobuaki & Fukao, Kyoji, 2010.
"Expansion abroad and jobs at home: Evidence from Japanese multinational enterprises,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 88-97, March.
- Nobuaki Yamashita & Kyoji Fukao, 2008. "Expansion Abroad and Jobs at Home: Evidence from Japanese Multinational Enterprises," Asia Pacific Economic Papers 377, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Nobuaki Yamashita & Kyoji Fukao, 2009. "Expansion Abroad and Jobs at Home - Evidence from Japanese Multinational Enterprises," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22707, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Martin Falk, 2012. "International Outsourcing and Productivity Growth," Review of Economics and Institutions, Università di Perugia, vol. 3(1).
- Elia, Stefano & Mariotti, Ilaria & Piscitello, Lucia, 2009. "The impact of outward FDI on the home country's labour demand and skill composition," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 357-372, August.
- Lee Branstetter & C. Fritz Foley, 2007. "Facts and Fallacies about U.S. FDI in China," NBER Working Papers 13470, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ralph Paprzycki & Keiko Ito, 2010. "Investment, Production and Trade Networks as Drivers of East Asian Integration," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd09-117, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Kim, Hyeon-Kyeong & Skott, Peter, 2014. "Labor market reform and wage inequality in Korea," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2014-13, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Nobuaki Yamashita, 2010. "International Fragmentation of Production," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13615, April.
- Shandre M. Thangvelu, . "Trade, Technology, Foreign Firms and Wage Gap: Case of Vietnam Manufacturing Firms," Chapters, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Kiyoyasu Tanaka, 2009. "Producer Services and Manufacturing Productivity: Evidence from Japan Industrial Productivity Database," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd09-076, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
KeywordsJapan; Korea; labour demand; manufacturing; outsourcing; skill upgrading;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2008-03-08 (China)
- NEP-INT-2008-03-08 (International Trade)
- NEP-OPM-2008-03-08 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
- NEP-SEA-2008-03-08 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:traaab:65-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tdoecfr.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .