Road Connectivity and the Border Effect: Evidence from Europe
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mauro Pisu & Henrik Braconier, 2013. "Road Connectivity and the Border Effect: Evidence from Europe," Discussion Papers 2013-06, University of Nottingham, GEP.
References listed on IDEAS
- David L. Hummels & Georg Schaur, 2013. "Time as a Trade Barrier," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(7), pages 2935-2959, December.
- John F. Helliwell & Geneviève Verdier, 2001. "Measuring internal trade distances: a new method applied to estimate provincial border effects in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1024-1041, November.
- Simeon Djankov & Caroline Freund & Cong S. Pham, 2010. "Trading on Time," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 92(1), pages 166-173, February.
- Bougheas, Spiros & Demetriades, Panicos O. & Morgenroth, Edgar L. W., 1999.
"Infrastructure, transport costs and trade,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 169-189, February.
- Spiros Bougheas & Panicos Demetriades & Edgar Morgenroth, 1996. "Infrastructure, Transport Costs and Trade," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 96/7, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Carolyn Evans, 2006.
"Border effects and the availability of domestic products abroad,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 39(1), pages 211-246, February.
- Carolyn L. Evans, 2001. "Border effects and the availability of domestic products abroad," Staff Reports 127, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Russell H. Hillberry, 2002. "Aggregation bias, compositional change, and the border effect," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(3), pages 517-530, August.
- Chen, Natalie, 2004.
"Intra-national versus international trade in the European Union: why do national borders matter?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 93-118, May.
- Chen, Natalie, 2002. "Intra-national versus International Trade in the European Union: Why do National Borders Matter?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3407, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carolyn L. Evans & James Harrigan, 2005. "Distance, Time, and Specialization: Lean Retailing in General Equilibrium," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(1), pages 292-313, March.
- Alain de Serres & Peter Hoeller & Christine de la Maisonneuve, 2001. "The Width of the Intra-European Economic Borders," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 304, OECD Publishing.
- Carolyn L. Evans, 2003. "The Economic Significance of National Border Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1291-1312, September.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tarasov, Alexander & Felbermayr, Gabriel, 2014.
"Trade and the Spatial Distribution of Transport Infrastructure,"
Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy
100511, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Gabriel J. Felbermayr & Alexander Tarasov, 2015. "Trade and The Spatial Distribution of Transport Infrastructure," Working Papers 2015-29, CEPII research center.
- Gabriel Felbermayr & Alexander Tarasov, 2015. "Trade and the Spatial Distribution of Transport Infrastructure," CESifo Working Paper Series 5634, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alexander Tarasov & Gabriel Felbermayr, 2015. "Trade and the Spatial Distribution of Transport Infrastructure," 2015 Meeting Papers 393, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gabriel Felbermayr & Jasmin Katrin Gröschl & Thomas Steinwachs, 2016. "Handelseffekte von Grenzkontrollen," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 69(05), pages 18-27, March.
More about this item
Keywordsdistance; distance; gravity; gravité; international trade; road transport; temps de trajet; transport routier; travel time; échanges internationaux;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- R49 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2013-07-15 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-TRE-2013-07-15 (Transport Economics)
- NEP-URE-2013-07-15 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:ecoaaa:1073-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edoecfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.