Time-Varying Expected Returns: Evidence from the U.S. and the U.K
I assess the relative performance of several empirical proxies developed in the literature of asset pricing to capture time-variation in expected future returns using data for the U.S. and the U.K.. I show that the wealth composition risk by Sousa (2010) exhibits strong forecasting power.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Núcleo de Investigação em Políticas Económicas, Escola de Economia e Gestão, Universidade do Minho, P-4710-057 Braga, Portugal|
Phone: +351-253604510 ext 5532
Web page: http://www3.eeg.uminho.pt/economia/nipe/versao_inglesa/index_uk.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sousa, Ricardo M., 2010.
"Consumption, (dis)aggregate wealth, and asset returns,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 606-622, September.
- Ricardo M. Sousa, 2006. "Consumption, (Dis)Aggregate Wealth and Asset Returns," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 212, Society for Computational Economics.
- Ricardo M. Sousa, 2005. "Consumption, (Dis) Aggregate Wealth and Asset Returns," NIPE Working Papers 9/2005, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Alexander Michaelides, 2003.
"International portfolio choice, liquidity constraints and the home equity bias puzzle,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
195, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Michaelides, Alexander, 2003. "International portfolio choice, liquidity constraints and the home equity bias puzzle," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 555-594, December.
- Michaelides, Alexander, 2001. "International Portfolio Choice: Liquidity Constraints and the Home Equity Bias Puzzle," CEPR Discussion Papers 3066, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Emilio Fernandez-Corugedo & Simon Price & Andrew Blake, 2003. "The dynamics of consumers' expenditure: the UK consumption ECM redux," Bank of England working papers 204, Bank of England.
- Motohiro Yogo, 2006. "A Consumption-Based Explanation of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(2), pages 539-580, 04.
- Burton G. Malkiel, 2004. "Models Of Stock Market Predictability," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 27(4), pages 449-459.
- Nobuhiro Kiyotaki & Alexander Michaelides & Kalin Nikolov, 2010. "Winners and Losers in House Markets," Working Papers 2010-5, Central Bank of Cyprus.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nip:nipewp:10/2010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria João Thompson)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.